Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Non-logged in users only not working

Non-logged in users only not working

Hi,

I just installed MetaMod and I'm trying to get a module to show to non logged-in users only using the quick modules function. I checked the non logged-in users only option and entered in the module number in the "Quick module position or id include" text box. I am logged-in(as an administrator) but the module still shows up. MetaMod is enabled cool I'm probably doing something wrong but that's where I'm at.

I'm using MetaMod 2-4c on Joomla 1.5.18.

MetaMod debug info:
$option: com_content
$view: frontpage
$id:
$Itemid: 1
$timezone: default
$language: en-us
$language_code: en
$language_region: us
Non-logged-in users only; a logged-in user was found.

jpl1.618
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Non-logged in users only not working

hi jpl1.618,

thanks for including the debug code. This shows that it's not MetaMod that's including the module (otherwise it would have said "including module: xxx" at the end).

What's happening is that the module is showing up because it has been assigned to the page in the normal Joomla way... and MetaMod can't stop it. So you have to tell the module to not display... either by unpublishing it, or setting it to display on "none" pages, or changing the module position of the module to one that doesn't exist on your page. MetaMod will override any of these things and include the module anyway.

Note: it's the "target" module that you have to do this to, not the MetaMod. The MetaMod has to remain enabled and set to the right pages and module position etc.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

ps. all this is in the quick start guide.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Non-logged in users only not working

Ah, I got it, sorry..I was in a hurry. Thank you for a great extension and I'll keep your others in mind for future reference.

jpl1.618
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today: