Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

modul on sobidetails

modul on sobidetails

I use the Metamod to show a modul on the sobiSearch-page:
"if ( $option == "com_sobi2" and JRequest::getVar('sobi2Task') == 'search' ) return 80;"
which works perfect

Now I need to show the same modul on the detailspages. Thought that the recipe
if ( $option == "com_sobi2" and JRequest::getVar('sobi2Task') == 'sobi2Details' ) return 80;
would be easy to use, but unfortunately, it only shows up on detailspage if I select "all menues". with a menueselection the modul doesn't show up

Do you have any idea, what might be wrong??

Thanks for support

Edited By: thelake
22-Jul-10 07:12:30

thelake
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: modul on sobidetails

Hi thelake,

that's an interesting one. I wonder if the links you are following for the details pages do not contain the correct information? i.e. with SEF URLs turned off, they maybe don't contain an "Itemid" parameter.

This gets masked a little by SEF URLs, but essentially the same thing applies. Without an Itemid, Joomla has no way to associate a particular page with a menu item (Itemid indicated the ID of the menu item).

Therefore, when you assign modules to pages, and when you specify which page the modules are to appear on, you're actually saying "I want this module to appear on all pages that have a certain Itemid". Therefore it's vital that the pages actually have one... and some components aren't very good at supplying them in all cases.

Again, if you have SEF URLs turned on then you won't see the Itemid, but it's still there (or not, if it's not!).

Another way to see if this is what's going on is to turn on MetaMod Advanced Debug mode. This will give you some information about what Itemid is being set for whichever page you are on. If you go to one of the detail pages my guess is that there won't be one set. Therefore normal Joomla module-association is not going to work.

So what can you do about it?

It depends on what you want to achieve. If you want to be able to change the modules that appear on SOBI pages based on which menu item the person was on, then the only way to do this is if the link maintains the Itemid. If the component or module with the link on it is not generating an Itemid with the link, then it's simply not going to work, and you would have to find something else about the particular target page that's unique, that MetaMod can pick up on and use to determine which module to display.

Hope that clarifies things...
Try the Advanced Debug technique and see if there's an Itemid showing up for your target pages.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,

thanks for help...

It's the missing itemID - SOBI2 doesn't generate it - but I got a solution via the categories

thelake
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Thanks for reporting back - glad you found a way. I really wish component/module developers would ensure Itemids are put in all links sad

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: