Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

MetaMod - Formatting Issues

MetaMod - Formatting Issues

Hi,

I am just starting to use MetaMod 2.3 on Joomla 1.5.17 Virtuemart 1.1.4

What I am trying to do is display a module on the shop.cart page only. I have used this PHP code to achieve this

Code:

if  (
$option == 'com_virtuemart'
and JRequest::getVar('page') == 'shop.cart'
) return 99;

This does indeed just display module 99 on the shop.cart page but it screws up the formatting of the module. I have had a look through the forum and at the module code but I cant see anything wrong with it.

It is a custom module and not available on the internet but it works fine without MetaMod.

Here are two links to screenshots one with metamod running and the other with the module set to all pages and metamod turned off.

http://www.oliverbeach.co.uk/PT.png
http://www.oliverbeach.co.uk/PT1.png

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers Beachy

beachy
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: MetaMod - Formatting Issues

Hi Beachy,

In this case I think it's likely that it's a CSS issue.

The reason for the problem is that MetaMod, being a module, puts a think layer of HTML/CSS around the other target module which it includes. This extra HTML is enough to upset your layout in this case.

There are 2 broad approaches:
1 - purchase MetaMod Pro. This removes all of the MetaMod's HTML, leaving only the target module's HTML. This means that the HTML on the page will be 100% the same whether or not the module is wrapped in the MetaMod. It requires no additional setup, and costs $19.

2 - requires some experimentation to get right: you will often find a good combination of settings inside the MetaMod to make it look right.
Try the following:
Module class suffix: enter a random string e.g. "-metamod". Depending on the template, this will often make the MetaMod's html get ignored by the CSS rules, and can often be enough to fix the layout of the module.
Style for included module: try the different options

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: