Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Menu displayed for guests only

Re: Menu displayed for guests only

Hi Lolke,

re: Joomla 1.6: I haven't yet looked at what it will take to port MetaMod and MetaMod Pro to Joomla 1.6. My upgrade policy has always been that upgrades are free within a major Joomla version, so the 1.6 upgrade is most likely to be a paid upgrade (but it depends how much work it is).
I believe that Joomla 1.6 will be able to target modules for logged-in/non-logged-in users "out of the box" so in any case you may not need MetaMod for that functionality under 1.6.

re: guarantee that it doesn't require template changes: I don't normally do this, but I'll give you a refund if it doesn't work for you smile

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

metamodguy wrote:

re: guarantee that it doesn't require template changes: I don't normally do this, but I'll give you a refund if it doesn't work for you 

Cool!

lolke
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
15 Posts
User info in posts

Just downloaded the pro version and installed. But I am having a problem, maybe you know what to do about it.
I had installed the free version previously, and just to be sure I uninstalled it prior to installing the pro (I probably shouldn't have). Now after having installed it and enabled the plugin, when selecting new module I don't see metamod. Bummer. I also installed it onto my live site (I did not have the free version installed there), but I don't want to try it out there. On the live site I do see the option metamod.

Know what to do Stephen?

lolke
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
15 Posts
User info in posts

lolke wrote:

I had installed the free version previously, and just to be sure I uninstalled it prior to installing the pro (I probably shouldn't have). Now after having installed it and enabled the plugin, when selecting new module I don't see metamod.

So far my preparation looks promising except for the MetaMod installation part. To work around the problem I listed above I created a brand new virtual Ubunta/Joomla installation (Turnkey). Surprise.. I don't see the Metamod here either! So, it looks like the problem is somehow connected to the Turnkey/Ubuntu setup..??? Weird huh?
I am still reluctant to experiment with the live env. I am too afraid it will break, that's why I do everything in a virtual env. first. Can you advise what to do?

lolke
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
15 Posts
User info in posts

IDIOT! (I of course) Havent read your mail properly. Oh boy... I guess this solve the 'PROBLEM'. Stupid, always in a hurry..

lolke
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
15 Posts
User info in posts

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!! THANKS A LOT FOR THE GREAT MODULE. WORTH EVERY PENNY.

lolke
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
15 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Lolke,

again, sorry for not being able to help you out with some of these problems along the way. As you discovered, when you install MetaMod Pro you also need MetaMod (the free version) installed. MetaMod Pro is an add-on, not a replacement for MetaMod.

Anyway, I'm delighted it is working for you smile

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

If you like you can reference my site. The difference for which I used MetaMod Pro is under the Bestellen menu option (ordering). The not-logged on users have a different form from the logged on ones. But the difference might be too subtile to see easily. If you like I can create an existing customer account in the DB (metamod, metamod). So metamod users can check out. (Just let me know whether you're interested in that). I will also post the results of my effort on the Yoothemes site. Thanks again.

lolke
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
15 Posts
User info in posts

Stephen,

Just to let you know, I posted a solution using MetaMod in this thread:

http://forum.yootheme.com/viewtopic.php … od#p112667

Cheers,
Lolke

lolke
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
15 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Lolke,

unfortunately I'm no longer a subscriber at Yootheme, so I couldn't log in and see your report - but thanks for sharing your experiences to help others with the same issues. That's great Joomla spirit.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: