Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

not all modules rendered in Internet Explorer 8

not all modules rendered in Internet Explorer 8

When using Internet Explorer 7 the page crashes and in Internet Explorer 8 I notice that not all of the modules contained within the metamod module are being rendered.   The error detail at the bottom of the screen reads: 

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917).

this works fine in Firefox, Chrome, and Opera.

I have about 5 moudles in the right column. 

Thanks for your help,
Michael

mhanes
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: not all modules rendered in Internet Explorer 8

Hi Michael,

if MetaMod Pro is doing its job right, then MetaMod does not add any HTML to the page - it only tells Joomla which modules to include, and these get included. The final page output is *exactly* the same as it would be if the 5 modules were added to the page in the completely usual Joomla way.

If for any reason MetaMod Pro is *not* activated, then MetaMod does add some HTML around the modules that it includes.

In both of these cases, it's not really possible for MetaMod to be the problem. You can test this out by temporarily assigning these 5 modules onto the page in the normal way, bypassing MetaMod, and you'll probably get exactly the same error.

I looked up the problem you are having:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927917

Based on that, I would say that one of the modules you are using is trying to modify the page HTML via Javascript in a way that causes the bug in IE7 and a different one in IE8. Perhaps it's not even creating conforming HTML, hence the IE8 problems.

You could also try turning off the various modules one by one to see which one is causing the problem. Again, I would suggest doing this outside of MetaMod, just to remove that from the equation.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: