Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Sorry! Complete Newbie - Posting Module to Page not linked by menu

Sorry! Complete Newbie - Posting Module to Page not linked by menu

Hi!
I have a module, I have placed it inside the MetaMod, and I would like to just post that metamod on this page:
http://www.gunnercustomguitars.com/joom … ;Itemid=58
Right now it is posting on every page in the site:
www.gunnercustomguitars.com/joomla
Also, It seems to be positioned a little oddly, breaking the template I have set up. Can you help with the PHP code to just post it to that single page, and not elsewhere in the website, and also any suggestions on why its positioning is a little off?
Thanks a lot in advance.

mrslippy
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Sorry! Complete Newbie - Posting Module to Page not linked by menu

HI MrSlippy,

there are 2 things to address here: (1) making it appear only on one page, and (2) fixing the formatting.

(1) In the MetaMod, turn on "advanced debug mode", then view the page that you want the module to appear on. Take a note of the output on the page, and you can use that almost verbatim as your PHP rule to identify that page.

You can *probably* use this rule, but compare it to the one that you get from Advanced Debug mode. Post back here if there are differences that you don't understand:

if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "section" and $id == "8" and JRequest::getVar("layout") == "blog" ) return XXX;
// replace XXX with the module ID to return
// remove any module ids from the "Quick Module ID Include" box.

(2) The quickest way to remove the extra formatting is with MetaMod Pro - just install and forget.
However in many cases you can find a good combination of the "Style for Included Modules" control, and also using a Module Class Suffix (e.g. "-metamod").
These options are discussed here: http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/faq/2 … th-matamod

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Sorry! Complete Newbie - Posting Module to Page not linked by menu

Gosh, my name is Stephen with a 'ph' also smile
Wow, you are awesome. The button is removed from every other page, thats a start. With the formatting problem, I will have to look into that, my PHP skills are sadly nonexistant, but Im seriously considering the pro version now.
I might post an update, but it seems im at least half way there. Thats ever so much:)
UPDATE: I just got the client to buy the pro version smile
Its worth it!
Thanks again:)

mrslippy
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics: