Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Empty Modules still showing

Empty Modules still showing

Hi, I've been on this site reviewing the forum and faq for about 3 days. I've found and tried many suggestions on this issue but I haven't found the answer yet. So I figured I should ask directly.

I removed Advanced Modules.
Set up the QuickStart, and activated the pro plugin.
I just want certain modules to be removed for logged in/registerd users.
When logged in I'm left with empty module images.

Your help would mean allot. Thanks.

Kane
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Empty Modules still showing

Hi Kane,

Today I just released a new version of the Pro plugin. I'd suggest that you install that one as there have been a few changes which should make it a bit more resilient when working alongside other plugins. See http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=271 for instructions on how to download and install it.

Something else that can help is to ensure the MetaMod plugin is at the top of the list of System plugins. Type "-100" into the "Order" column in the plugin manager and click the Save button at the top of that column.

There are a few other known issues with some other extensions. e.g. BreezingForms (search the forum for the fix for that, if you're using it). Also uBar needs to be lower in the system plugin list than MetaMod Pro.

If you're able to test with your site, I'd suggest trying to disable plugins on the site one by one until you find the one that is causing the problem. It's most likely to be a plugin incompatibility problem.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen, I'll install the new version and act on your other suggestions. And Get back to you.

Thanks, Kane.

Kane
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

Wow. I installed the new version and changed the position to -100. And it worked, no more empty modules shown.

However, any modules that are "enabled" but do not have a menu assignment show up on the page with the metamods. Easy fix though, assign them a page or dissable them.
But now thers a long list of about 50 modules showing up on this page in the left module position. I'm using metamod on the frontpage(and everthing works fine), the additional 50 modules only show up when you click on other funtions like "forgot password, register," ect.
For instance, the module called mod-mainmenu is assigned to 27 different pages, in the left position. This module alone shows up 27 times on the "forgot password, register," ect. It seem like basically any page that can't be chosen through a modules "menu assignment list".

I'm tring to figure this one out, any ideas would be appriciated.
Thanks, Kane.

Kane
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

Hi Stephen,
It appears that this issue only effects the three options on my core mod_login module. "Forgot password, Forgot Username, Create an Account". All enabled modules (site wide) not matter what the position show up on these pages.
I'm not quite sure of what to do.

Kane.

Kane
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

HI Kane,

thanks for reporting the problem - I'm now trying to replicate the problem and will let you know as soon as I know what's going on. If I can't replicate the issue on my test machine, how would you feel about giving me access on your server? (just in case).

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Kane,

Thanks for your bug report which helped me to replicate the problem.

There was a bug introduced in version 2.2 when I was working with Peter from nonumber.nl with the Advanced Module Manager integration. It just crept in at the last minute after we'd done most of the testing... sorry!

I've just fixed the bug and MetaMod Pro v2.3 is now available with the bug fix in it.

To download the new release, please go to the My Account page (http://www.metamodpro.com/shop/account), log in, click on your completed order, then scroll down to the File Download section.

Thanks again, and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards,
Stephen Brandon

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

MetaMod Pro v2.3 works great, no issues. You truly know your product and it's my pleasure to use and support it.

Thank you, Kane.

Kane
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

Hi, I've just started working with metamod pro and Advanced Module Manager and am having some issues with the empty modules showing. I am also suspicious of my installation as it did not go smoothly and was completed manually – some permissions got in the way. So when I check under the Plugin Manager I cannot find Metamod listed to change the order to -100, nor is it in the install uninstall list. Hmmm.

My symptom is that I have to activate the metamod module to the a menu for the php virtuemart script (copied from your fab website) to work but that also makes it appear in unwanted places. It appears to defeat the purpose of the script handling the synchronisation.

So first step would be to ask what should the installation look like (what files where). Is there any danger in removing manually and reinstalling? Cant select it to auto uninstall.

Using latest versions of metamod and advanced module manager downloaded yesterday.

Kind regards

Rob

robluxford
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls: