Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Problem Metamod & Categories

Re: Problem Metamod & Categories

HI LTJ,

the problem with the rule that you're using may simply be that MetaMod doesn't know where to get $category_id from. Are you just using this code by itself?

if ($category_id == 30) return 291;
return 327; /* default if nothing else matches */

... you need all that other stuff before it which is supposed to populate $category_id for you.

Assuming that you do have all the rest of the code, then please examine it carefully for mention of "right". Perhaps do a select-all and copy all the text out of the PHP box, and paste it into a text editor where you can see it all more clearly.

I think it's highly unlikely that a conflict with another extension is causing "right" to show up.

If you like, I'll log into your site and check over the setup - just PM me with some login details. I'm sure it will be something quite simple going on.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Hi Stephen,

Yes, I have the rest of the code and no mention of right.
I always edit code in Dreamweaver.
Will PM login details.

Thanks for taking the time to check this out.

LTJ
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Found it!!!

The problem was only that the system cache plugin was turned on. This cache does not always play nicely with MetaMod, because it expects that for every URL, the page will always be the same. And, it was caching old, bad versions of the MetaMod code. i.e. you must have returned "right" at some stage in the past, which was why that was showing up in the page output even when your current MetaMod didn't include that in the code.

I have a feeling that since your MetaMods are going to be reasonably static (i.e. the way you have it set up, MetaMod will always choose the same modules to include, for ay particular page), you'll be able to turn the cache back on again after you've cleared it.

I'm glad that was all it was <wipes brow>.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: