Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Need some assistance with metatemplate pro

Need some assistance with metatemplate pro

Hi, I bought my mtpro a few weeks ago.  At that time  you said you hadn't had a chance to do the documentation thoroughly yet.   Just installing as you said - no parameter settings - and it worked just fine for a different front page template/ rest of site template.

I need to add a third template for a separate category of products (and probably future ones too)

It is not working well for me for this need.   And just looking at the parameters of the module it isn't intuitive for me.  (sorry)

You said you'd lend a hand before, would you be able to help me set this up? 

Thanks!  smile

AngelinaC
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
26 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Need some assistance with metatemplate pro

Hi Angelina,

Could you describe a bit more about what you want to happen for the separate category of products? VM is quite a complex beast and I need to know exactly what you're after!

- Do you want the new template on "category list" pages?
- Do you want the new template on individual product view pages, where the product is in that category?
- What should happen when a product is in that category and also in another category? Which template should it use?
- Which template should be used for cart/checkout pages? (note: please don't ask to make the template dependent on the items in the cart - this is technically possible but a bit too complex for free support!)

Hope to hear from you soon,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen all my sites were on a server hit by a virus on april fools day. 

So, I can't do anything at the moment, they are all being restored.

I'll get the answers to this when its backup.

I imagine your off on weekends since its just you here?

thanks!   It was looking great with just the two pages - but we do need to add more now.

AngelinaC
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
26 Posts

Sorry to hear about your site... I've just been helping out someone else whose site got attacked over the weekend. Let me know when yours is up and running again.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

ok.  I see you are online!  But I was just about to pop off for zzzzzz. 

Where do I start?  What do you need to know?     

Basically there are 3-4 "shops" inside a mall scenario.  All the business are owned by the same company.  But there are different types of products.  And the bricks/morter stores are different.   One frontpage template that is also appropriate for company info and shopping cart and then a separate template for each "shop".  Each shop is an upper level category and then many subcategories in each.       

I think that is fairly clear.  All worked great when I had only two - but adding the third it went bonkers.  (well not bonkers, but not showing three correctly as allocated in the template manager) 

Let me know where to start and I'll switch around some hours tomorrow to be available when you are "in".    Thank you!

AngelinaC
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
26 Posts

Hi Angelina,

I'm in New Zealand, GMT+12. If you can arrange to be online after 9AM my time on Thursday (may be Wednesday for you depending on where you are) then please send me a PM or e-mail and we can connect. If you want me to go onto your site then can you set up a superadmin account on your server in advance? Thanks.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,  I pm you some questions I had. 

The main issue I'd like to accomplish now is to have the front page template (just basically an intro page be the template as you go through check out or any admin pages that may come up to the user -

AngelinaC
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
26 Posts

Hi Angelina,

From what you said above, I think you want to use a specific template (your "front page template") for certain VM pages:
- the checkout pages
- any other admin pages that are part of the checkout process
- specifically EXCLUDING all the normal browsing/listing/search pages including the shopping cart.

Is that what you are after?

If so, try this:

if ($option == "com_virtuemart") {
  $page = JRequest::getVar("page");
  if ($page != "shop.browse"
    and $page != "shop.product_details"
    and $page != "shop.search"
    and $page != "shop.cart"
    and $page != "shop.savedcart") {
    return true;
  }
}
return false;

Then, select your "front page" template with the drop-down in the "SUCCEED Action".

Let me know if there are any pages where the new template shows up, where it shouldn't. I think I got all of them but I'm not sure smile

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Yes!

Um, where should I put this code?  neutral

Thanks!

Just in time for me with this product!  Thank you!

AngelinaC
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
26 Posts

Hi Angelina,

The code should go into the Advanced PHP section of a MetaTemplate rule.

Sorry that wasn't clear,
Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: