Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Docman and modules

Docman and modules

Hi

I have a article with Docman categories on it - click on one and it opens into Docman where and lists the documents uploaded into the category.

In the left column of my template I have the site navigation. Once I get the Docman documents list mentioned above, the navigation in the left column disapears. Is there some way I can use metamod to keep my navigation menus showing when I am in the Docman component?

Put in a different way: I know that with metatemplate pro I can assign templates based on component - is it possible to assign modules in a similar way with metamodpro?

Thanks

suzannemmp
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Docman and modules

The simple answer is "yes" - the more complex answer is "I think you should be able to do this without MetaMod".

Using the normal Menu Manager, you should be able to assign modules to the menu item that DocMan appears on. If you don't have a menu item for DocMan, then you could just make one. If you don't want it to appear on a visible menu, just make a brand new menu and add DocMan as an item on that menu - but don't publish a module for that menu, so you won't get to see it in a menu on the page.

Can you make it work that way?

If not, then it's easy to do in MetaMod:

if ($option == "com_docman") return "XXX,YYY,ZZZ";
// replace XXX, YYY and ZZZ with module ids to return when viewing things in the docman component.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: