Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

HIDE FRONTPAGE VIRTUMART MODULES when surfing other categories

HIDE FRONTPAGE VIRTUMART MODULES when surfing other categories

Hi Stephen,

I have this website for 6months and i have not been able to solve this...

I have the same problem as Marc, and i tried everything from this forum alone, but no success.
I want my front page modules not to appear on any other page(except front page). After clicking below „PONUDA“ on my website> to choose certain product categories>final product, the modules follow me there. But if i click on any article from joomla and then to categories from below „PONUDA“, it does not follow.

You can download pictures from this link: http://www.yousendit.com/download/THE0e … ME0wTVE9PQ

I use mod_product_categories to navigate trough components that we sell.
I call it PONUDA, see link „left“: www.plc-bh.com see picture (PONUDA = mod_product_categories) for the settings. See other pictures as well.
Do you think i need some new metamod to control mod_product_categories?

I tried this separately:  i turned off the normal modules and try with metamod to control them:

Metamod1
Mod_virtuemart_featureproduct
if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "frontpage") return 27;

Metamod2
Mod_ja_vmproductslide
if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "frontpage") return 33;

Metamod3
Mod_jaslideshow......35
if ($option == "com_content" and $view == "frontpage") return 35;

Can you help me from the explanation above...
...or..Do you want me to create an account for you so you could check?

Any help is hugely appreciated!
Best Regards
Vedran

PLCBH
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: HIDE FRONTPAGE VIRTUMART MODULES when surfing other categories

Hi Vedran,

The good news is that I am sure we can fix that smile

Can I check with you - what component is being used for the front page of your site at the moment? Is it com_content (the default front page), or have you assigned a Virtuemart menu item as the front page of the site?

The problem that you have described is caused by the mod_product_categories module. If you look at the Itemid values that are used, then you can understand what is happening:

- when you are on the front page, the links within PONUDA (mod_product_categories) have &Itemid=1
- If you have clicked on O NAMA (index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=2), then all the links in PONUDA have &Itemid=2. So what is happening is that mod_product_categories always appends the Itemid of the page that it is on.
- When you assigned your front page modules to only the "front page", you were in fact assigning them to "Any page that has Itemid = 1". That's why those modules are showing up when you click on any PONUDA links from the front page of the site -- all those links have Itemid 1, so the Joomla module system thinks that they are still on the front page.

So, as long as you are using the default front page component (option = com_content and view = frontpage) then the rules that you wrote above should work.

Can you confirm which component you are using for the frontpage?

If you like, you can PM me backend login details and I should be able to spot the problem quickly.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Re: HIDE FRONTPAGE VIRTUMART MODULES when surfing other categories

Dear Steven,

First of all, i want to thank you for the nicest help ever!

Sorry for my late reply i was away from home.

Since i am not very pro at joomla:
i think it is com_content only(see link for picture)> http://www.yousendit.com/download/bFFQN … V00wTVE9PQ

Thanks&Best Regards
Vedran

metamodguy wrote:

Hi Vedran,

The good news is that I am sure we can fix that smile

Can I check with you - what component is being used for the front page of your site at the moment? Is it com_content (the default front page), or have you assigned a Virtuemart menu item as the front page of the site?

The problem that you have described is caused by the mod_product_categories module. If you look at the Itemid values that are used, then you can understand what is happening:

- when you are on the front page, the links within PONUDA (mod_product_categories) have &Itemid=1
- If you have clicked on O NAMA (index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=2), then all the links in PONUDA have &Itemid=2. So what is happening is that mod_product_categories always appends the Itemid of the page that it is on.
- When you assigned your front page modules to only the "front page", you were in fact assigning them to "Any page that has Itemid = 1". That's why those modules are showing up when you click on any PONUDA links from the front page of the site -- all those links have Itemid 1, so the Joomla module system thinks that they are still on the front page.

So, as long as you are using the default front page component (option = com_content and view = frontpage) then the rules that you wrote above should work.

Can you confirm which component you are using for the frontpage?

If you like, you can PM me backend login details and I should be able to spot the problem quickly.

Cheers,
Stephen

PLCBH
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls: