Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Allocation of templates to virtuemart menus

Allocation of templates to virtuemart menus

I installed MetaTemplate Pro 1.4 and can't get the template allocation to menus working. Sorry if I am missing the obvious.
I am using Template 1 as my main site template and it is set as the default template in Joomla's template manager.
I then created a new menu for a vendor to which I allocated a different template (template 2).
In each of the main menus is a link to the Virtuemart shop.
I then assign the different templates to the 2 different main menus using MetaTemplate Pro.

Everything works fine on Template 2 until I select an item from the side menu module (mod_rokvirtuemart_categories). It always reverts back to Template 1.
Could it be because of the dynamic category menu module, or because I have links to the shop in the 2 menus?
Hope you can help.

Edited By: artery
23-Mar-10 20:40:04

artery
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Allocation of templates to virtuemart menus

Hi Artery,

I have a feeling that this is about Itemids - i.e. "menu item ids"... there's the official Itemid that you get from the main menu item, but the mod_rokvirtuemart_categories module is not giving the same Itemid for the same category.

Some of the side menu modules don't handle the Itemids properly. I haven't worked with mod_rokvirtuemart_categories but I suspect that it's not using the same Itemid (if it's even using one at all) as the corresponding "real" menu that points to that vendor/shop/whatever.

This is a difficult problem. It's probably going to be hard for you to get the behaviour you need out of the module, unless there's some sort of parameter when setting it up, to force it to use certain Itemids.

Is there anything else that distinguishes one shop from the other? e.g. product categories? It *may* help to try to identify which shop you are in based on that category instead of the menus... although that gets tricky with checkout and other non-product-specific pages. (so maybe that's not a good idea after all, sorry).

I think it's going to come down to getting mod_rokvirtuemart_categories to use appropriate/distinct Itemids. Can you ask for some help with that on the Rockettheme forums?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Allocation of templates to virtuemart menus

Thanks Stephen, yes that helps. I will try their forums. Using the menu option seems like the only way out to show different templates in the same VM installation.

artery
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today: