Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Chamelon not working on RSEvents Pro

Chamelon not working on RSEvents Pro

Hi,

I have setup Chamelon on a website. The rules I've setup are simple: if accessing site via domain name "heartlandswa.com.au" use "yoo_eat" template, if accessing site via subdomain name "www.events.heartlandswa.com.au" use "yoo_master2" template.

The rules works great and even are applied to most parts of the RSEvents Pro component i.e. "https://www.events.heartlandswa.com.au/ … ents" and "https://www.events.heartlandswa.com.au/ … nts".

But the rule isn't applied to the RSEvents Pro "add event" page at this URL: "https://www.events.heartlandswa.com.au/ … ost".

I can't figure out why this happens.

techcloudent
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Chamelon not working on RSEvents Pro

I can't see the exact page that's failing as it requires a login. However, could it be that the content of the page is loaded via Ajax or an iframe, that loads the content through the "wrong" domain name?

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Sorry for the late response, I forgot to subscribe to updates!
I don't see any iFrame, maybe there is some Ajax going on that I'm not aware of.
These credentials will get you past the login page:
URL: https://www.events.heartlandswa.com.au/ … ents/post.
Username: soceventstestuser
Password: Soceventstestuser!

techcloudent
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hmmm, AJAX isn't loading in any additional full-page content, and it's not an iframe. That's puzzling.
Next debugging tip:
Turn on Chameleon Debug mode (it's in the Options panel in Chameleon).
Then go to the page that's failing, and look at the front-end. Providing the template has a debug section in it (most do) then you should see some output from Chameleon showing the rules that it is attempting, and the actions it performs.
If you have several rules, you may find that there was a logic issue and an earlier rule triggered, then stopped rule chain execution before it gets to the rule about the domain name. The debug output will show you if that happened.
Worst case scenario here is that Chameleon is trying to change the template but for some reason it's not "Sticking". Let me know if that's the case and I can dig further, with a login on your site. Hopefully it will just be a logic issue though!

Cheers
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

From the debug information, it looks like the correct theme is being set.

Code:

CHAMELEON DEBUG ON
Request URL: https://www.events.heartlandswa.com.au/integrations/soc/manage-events/post
Current date and time: "2017-09-27 10:21:57am" in timezone "Australia/Perth"
Processing rule id 5 ("Main template")
- Domain name: "www.events.heartlandswa.com.au" is not in the include list - failing
Started FAIL action for rule id 5
Finished FAIL action: default template style not changed
Processing rule id 4 ("Events Integration")
- Domain name: "www.events.heartlandswa.com.au" is in the include list - succeeding
Started SUCCEED action for rule id 4
* Setting default menu item to 2849
Finished SUCCEED action: default template style was set to "16|yoo_master2"
Stopped processing as result of SUCCEED action at rule id 4 ("Events Integration")
Final template style set to "16|yoo_master2"
Request URL: https://www.events.heartlandswa.com.au/integrations/soc/manage-events/post/edit-event/700-new-event
Current date and time: "2017-09-27 10:21:58am" in timezone "Australia/Perth"

Screenshot: http://resources.techcloudent.com.au/sc … h22_12.jpg
Do I use the "hide" function in the forum editor to post an admin username and password that only you can see (an administrator)?

techcloudent
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Thanks for the backup file (you can delete now). I have tracked the issue down to something in JCE editor, of all things. Now working on finding the best work-around for it.

Thanks for your assistance
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

GOT IT!

Upgrade to the latest version of the JCE editor. Problem solved.
I had another fix for the version that you are using, but the latest JCE solves it in a more fundamental way. (actually the fix may have come a few versions ago, but it's definitely fixed in 2.6.19).

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Note: there's still a bit of a bug in JCE but you can't post on their forum unless you have a pro subscription. The bug is that if the template you are using is not the default template for the site (i.e. it's an assigned template, or one that Chameleon sets), the CSS file used in the JCE editor is taken from the "system" template rather than the template you are using. So if you are noticing bad CSS inside the editor, that's why. If you have a Pro subscription to JCE could you post a bug report for me?

Thanks
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks @metamodguy for the fix!
I don't have a pro subscription to jce anymore but I installed the latest version I have (2.6.12) and that fixed the issue.
Thanks again for your prompt response and sorry for the late reply, I keep thinking I'll get emailed when somethign new is posted.
Cheers, Luke.

techcloudent
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts: