Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Display Menu By User Type

Display Menu By User Type

I'm using an extension called TPLancer, which separates the users into two categories: Freelancers and Buyers. I wanted to show a different menu for each type of user (actually for all 3 types of users including unregistered ones). Is anyone familiar with this extension and is there any way to do what I want with MetaMod?

thanks,
Eli

tayellet
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Display Menu By User Type

Hi Eli,

I'm not familiar with the extension, but I think that this is going to require a quick database lookup to cross-reference the Joomla user id against the TPLancer user id, and find the group that they are part of.

I don't have access to TPLancers, and I couldn't even find a place on TemplatePlazza.com that talked about it, although I found the demo site.

I see from the URLs on the test site (e.g. http://demo.templateplazza.net/freelanc … amp;id=631 ) that there are some pages, like the buyers page, where you can detect that with JRequest->getVar("task") == "buyerinfo", and target modules onto just buyer pages. But I think what you want is actually to have menus based on whether the logged-in user is a buyer or a freelancer, right?

If you're confident with databases, can you have a poke around in your Joomla database to see which tables seem to link the Joomla user id with the TPLancers user/group records?

If anyone else is using this extension please feel free to add to the conversation, particularly if you can help with the database part!

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Re: Display Menu By User Type

Hi,

I've just put up a new Recipes page which covers this and many other scenarios:

MetaMod Recipe for TPLancers

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: