Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

How do I set a default template based on domain?

How do I set a default template based on domain?

I see how I can create a rule that sets a template based on a domain (if my site has multiple domains for which it answers) and a menu item, but how do I set the DEFAULT template based on a domain?

That is, I can set template-A for example.com/home
I can set template-B for example.net/home

But now I want template-C for example.com on any other menu items and template-D for example.net and any other menu items.

Do I need to do menu items and pick each and every one? Does this completely override menu assignments in the template configuration?

I'm not sure I get it - some adult supervision? wink

cambler
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: How do I set a default template based on domain?

Hi Cambler,

sorry for the delay in responding.
You can set a default this way:

1 - set the overall default template in the usual Joomla way using the template manager, if you need to.
2 - Chameleon rule 1: detect example.com and www.example.com as domain names, and in the succeed action set that template, AND continue to next rule.
3 - Chameleon rule 2: detect example.net and www.example.net as domain names, and in the succeed action set that template, AND continue to next rule.
4 - set up more Chameleon rules to detect individual menu items in combination with domain name example.com and www.example.com, and in the succeed action set the new template
5 - set up more Chameleon rules to detect individual menu items in combination with domain name example.net and www.example.net, and in the succeed action set the new template

When selecting menu items in this way, you can select multiple items using the chooser, and the rule will trigger when the visitor is on any one of them.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: