Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Is Chameleon right for me? (General Questions)

Is Chameleon right for me? (General Questions)

Dear Metamod Developers & Community,

I will do my best to describe the issue I'm having, which is essentially one of the last major problems I need to resolve before relaunch.

1. My site uses a component called BT Social Connect for users to login and register. There are two buttons on the frontpage "login" and "register". If you click one, a popup box appears that allows users to login or register via email or "socially" through an app with their Facebook or Twitter accounts. (I also created a custom page that allows users to login/register through BT Social Connect without doing it through the popup module.) BT Social Connect has a private user profile where users can change their avatar, email, password, etc.

2. My site also uses K2 which controls the comments area on my site as well as the K2 Top Commenter module and K2 Recent Comments Module. However, if a user changes their BT Social Connect avatar, username, etc., it doesn't change their K2 avatar, username, etc.

3. In addition, my site uses Social Factory as the main user profile, which I eventually want to force all users to use instead of allowing them to update/edit their account info in BT Social Connect or K2. But obviously you can also change the avatar, email, password, etc in Social Factory, and again it does not change the BT Social Connect or K2 content.

I'm currently using Metamod to redirect users from their K2 Author pages, where the avatars and usernames of K2 comments, the K2 Top Commenter module and K2 Recent Comments module, all link to by default, to their Social Factory profiles.

The big problem is obviously syncing the avatars, emails, passwords, etc. so that when a user changes their Social Factory information, it will also change the same items in BT Social Connect and K2. I'm not sure if I need a developer to customize this functionality for me or whether I can possibly use Chameleon or another extension to do the job?

I would sincerely appreciate your advise/input regarding this issue.

Thanks very much for all your help.

Kind regards,

Scott

baituo01
Intermediate Modder
ranks
useravatar
46 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Is Chameleon right for me? (General Questions)

just subscribing

baituo01
Intermediate Modder
ranks
useravatar
46 Posts

Re: Is Chameleon right for me? (General Questions)

Hello, can I please get an answer to this question?

I sent a message via your contact form and posted this question here in your forum, but haven't gotten any response for over a month.

Thank you!

baituo01
Intermediate Modder
ranks
useravatar
46 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts: