Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Module "Select your city"

Module "Select your city"

I use Chameleon pro version, tell me how to implement a model of the city of choice. For example a person visits the site,  prompted to select your city manually (without geoip), then depending on the chosen city would be loaded different prices.
The whole day trying to figure out the settings, nothing happens.

pem37921
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Module "Select your city"

Hi pem37921,

thanks for getting in touch. I wonder can you please give some more information about your setup so I can understand what you require?

e.g. what are you using for "loading different prices". Is it VirtueMart, or another shopping cart, just some text in an article, or something else?

Also, are you wanting to use GeoIP at all, or only allow people to set their city manually?

When it comes to selecting a particular city, Chameleon doesn't give you a panel for selecting city/location so you will need to create your own form for that, either directly with HTML or with a forms package like RSFormPro. Once you have that, Chameleon will be able to pick up the values from the form and use them to manipulate VirtueMart prices, or perform other actions like redirections etc depending on exactly how you want/need the pricing mechanism on your site to work.

I can advise on that once you can give some more details.

Over to you...
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: