Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Acess to pages on login and with profile XYZ

Acess to pages on login and with profile XYZ

Hi Meta Mod

I used your Meta Mod Component a couple of years ago and loved it.

I might be able to use it again…

Here is an eg of an article:

http://www.finalbug.net/blog/entry/546- … ebinars-01
http://www.finalbug.net/blog/entry/546- … agestart=1
http://www.finalbug.net/blog/entry/546- … agestart=2
http://www.finalbug.net/blog/entry/546- … agestart=3

Do you think there would be a way to only navigate to e.g. tab 2-9 only if you were?

a) logged in to the Site
b) had a specific profile
eg a member of a group
www.finalbug.net/groups/fcpx

best

Paul

paurray
Paul
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
8 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Acess to pages on login and with profile XYZ

Hi Paul,

a couple of questions for you:
1 - what are you using for profile/group management? JomSocial or something like that? It will be important to know this in order for MetaMod (or Chameleon) to be able to detect these conditions
2 - What are you referring to by "tab 2-9"? Is that the "Basic Subtitles 1A" etc?
3 - If so, what actually places these on the page? A module, or is it part of the template or component or what? It looks like it might be part of the page display of the EasyBlog component but that's mostly a guess smile

Ok so assuming it's part of the page display of EasyBlog, it's going to be challenging to be able to control this from another component. I don't think it would be possible from MetaMod, for example. If I was trying to do it with Chameleon then I would perhaps do an HTML find-replace to get rid of any buttons on the page that I didn't want to appear, but that's a fairly hacky solution.

Really I think you would end up needing to make a class override for the EasyBlog view, that can take into account these other factors. This is not a job for MetaMod, and not really one for Chameleon (though you could use Chameleon as a controller, but you would still need to change the view class of EasyBlog in order to get it to obey Chameleon's instructions). Make sense?

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen

Sorry about my slow response and thank you for your detailed reply.
(I missed the subscribe button)

1 - I use Easy Blog from Stack Ideas.
I have it paired up with Easy Social also from Stack Ideas.
Easy Social is similar to Joomsocial and Community Builder.
http://stackideas.com/easyblog

2a - Yes your assumption is correct. I imagine that the only limit on tabs would be screen real estate! There is a little trick to how I create the buttons and maybe just maybe this helps… It probably makes more sense to read point 3 first and then point 2b!!!

3 - You create a blog post and inside the blog post you add a “Block.” A “Block” is a place to enter a Text, Vimeo Video, Photo, Note etc… One of the "Blocks" is a thing called a "Page Break."

- I add the page breaks…
- The breaks only come into effect/can be see on the front end.
- For e.g. with the subtitles post there are 3 page breaks between Subs 01 and 02 / Subs 02 and 03 / Subs 03 and 04

2b - One of the Blocks is a “Table”

- Thus I create a Table.
- Decide how many Columns the table has.
- Decide their width.
- And how the contents of the tables are formatted.
- Centred or Left/Right aligned.
- Then I put the “Buttons” which are “Blocks” in and of themselves into the respective “Column” in the “Table Block”
i.e. Blocks inside Blocks!

With respect to HTML find-replace.

I asked Peter van Westen from Regular Labs something similar.

https://www.regularlabs.com/forum/advan … -xyz#60915

And I agree with you it is not a very elegant solution.

I am good at getting components to play with each other but my knowledge of code is close to zilch. I believe that I can have some kind of decent educated guess at how this might just/could work. But maybe your Components do not do this kind of thing.

Lets say for the sake of this idea I put ONLY ever put buttons in Columns for page navigation!

1a) Check to see if user is logged in or out.
2a) If logged in check if he has profile XYZ.

1b) Not Logged in then display X amount of buttons in Y amount of columns.
2b) Logged in and has has profile XYZ then display X amount of buttons in Y amount of columns.

Maybe this is insane but I am thinking if a button has a class and a column has a class then it is like latitude and longitude!

Regards

Paul

paurray
Paul
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
8 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Paul,

thanks for the detailed explanation. The unfortunate thing is that the deeper this goes, the less likely it seems that a combination of other components and extensions is going to be able to achieve this. EasyBlog obviously controls the contents of these boxes in very specific ways and it looks unlikely that other extensions are going to be able to influence the layout using any standard Joomla mechanism.

The one chink of light might be if EasyBlog allows you to specify visibility of these blocks according to user group or view level. Is there any control like that? If so, Chameleon could manipulate this and affect the output that way.

Other than that, I think you will need to employ a developer to customise EasyBlog and/or provide view overrides.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen

Thanks again for your response.

Maybe just maybe some day when this goes through:
http://stackideas.com/voices/easysocial/item/711
Sub-Categories and Sub-Groups
Then it would be possible to achieve something like this.

e.g. depending on what Group/Sub Group you are in you have access to stuff in different categories/sub categories or similar.

I think I need to put this idea on hold for the moment.

But really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

all the best

Paul

paurray
Paul
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
8 Posts
User info in posts

Yes, it looks like support like that within the component is going to be important for your uses. Sorry Chameleon couldn't help out here – and it's not often that I have to say that smile

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: