Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Using SH404SEF or Artio JoomSEF? Please read...

Re: Using SH404SEF or Artio JoomSEF? Please read...

errrrm, I just turned off the chameleon system plugin and also the metamod pro system plugin (just in case!), thus completely disabling both, and the problem is still there. Looks like a sh404SEF configuration thing. Phew!

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Maybe you take a cup of sleep smile My customer is away until next wednesday. I will test everything in this time. If you want to I can do a nightshift. Just let me know. Greetings Markus

Herm
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

Well now I just few stupid... I swear I read the original post, but it turns out I was misunderstanding my read out of the system plugins. It was showing the sh404sef plugin as already being above chameleon. After your reply I went back to check one last time and noticed the area where I could set the -100 and -90 values... now joomla wouldn't let me type anything in these areas besides having an input that I could select. I had to open both of the sh404sef plugins and set their order with the drop down menu (here I could see the true order and sh404sef was below chameleon)... I just moved them to the top. All seems to be working now. Thanks so much for the help!

scatternoise
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

I do think that the normal functionality of Chameleon is now working with sh404SEF, though it's possible there are remaining bugs. There is extremely complex interaction between the 2 systems, particularly when you use Chameleon to change the default (i.e. home page) menu item "on the fly". This means that the home page URL has to be parsed twice - once in order to find the normal home page menu item so this can be used to test against, then again with the new default item in place - which is *never* done in normal Joomla.

This new version of sh404SEF does a lot of stuff very differently from before and it was a nightmare to work out how to coax it into parsing the home page URL more than once.

Still, I'm very pleased with how it's working now. If you can do some more testing on it, then so much the better. If you find problems, test again with the Chameleon system plugin turned off, to see if Chameleon really was involved or not smile

Thanks for your patience,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

http://anything-digital.com/forum/exten … ?p=1#p6197

This SH404SEF forum entry is some minutes old. I disabled the plugin, but still have problems get my english version shown up. I will take a further look.

Greetings Markus

Herm
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

Reading this post I have the same problem with sh404sef and chameleon for joomla 1.7
See http://anything-digital.com/forum/exten … ?p=3#p6595
Changing the order of the chameleon plugin does not solve the category/blog display issue.
Disabling the plugin solves the problems with sh404sef

Any idea to solve it on joomla 1.7 Stephen ?

activha
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Oupss seems solved with chameleon 2.19 did not check before :-(

activha
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts: