Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Using SH404SEF or Artio JoomSEF? Please read...

Re: Using SH404SEF or Artio JoomSEF? Please read...

Hi Markus,

I had a look around in the site, and realised that there was a bug in the menu handling for Chameleon. I fixed this and released and installed Chameleon 2.18b. As far as I can see, your site is now working as intended.

1st rule: detects the menu items that you are linking for the German and English mobilemenu, then sets session variable A.

2nd rule: detects session variable A. This rule was also detecting some menu items, but I removed that part of the rule. Now the rule only depends on detecting the session variable. If the rule succeeds, the new template/style is set.

Now you can navigate as normal around the site, and the menu items on the left appear consistently.

Please let me know if this is not working as you intended. As far as I can see this was not related to sh404SEF.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Oh, and by the way a great tool for debugging the rule is to turn on debugging in the Chameleon Options panel (available in the Rule Chain view). Then in the front end you get a list of all the tests and actions that Chameleon is performing. This makes it much easier to determine what's going on.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hello Stephen,
thanks for your quick support.
Did you regognize that SH404SEF was off? I activated it and still have the problem with my submenus. E.g Produkte -> Service-Rufnummern. There should be 3rd level with dtmsServiceCall but it it's not showing up.

With normal Joomla SEF everything is fine, but I need alias rewrites so I have to use SH404SEF. Can you please take a second look?

The second thing is, I just want the "mobileview" template to be shown on the active mobileview navigation. All other menuitems shall show the default template.

Thanks a lot and greetings.
Markus

Herm
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Markus,

I'm on the trail of this now. It appears that the "Active" menu item is getting lost somewhere along the way. This means that because the menu you were showing starts displaying at level 2, it wasn't showing up at all.

I'm pretty sure I can find a fast fix for this, but I also want to understand the interaction between sh404SEF and Chameleon better.

Thanks for letting me work on this on your site - it helps a lot.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,
thanks again for your support. Hope you get it fixed. smile
If there is anything that I can to support you, let me know!
Regards Markus

Herm
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

If this plugin wasn't already giving you enough trouble, I think I have another problem...  but then again I could just be using it incorrectly. Heres how I currently have it setup...

I have an article that I have given the name qr.htm using sh404sef.
In chameleon I created a rule using the content section. I select article and choose the page from the popup window. It shows the correct id and everything. I leave everything else set to ignore. For testing I have the new template set to beez.

Whenever I enter the url (www.site.com/qr.htm) it comes up with a 404 error inside of the beez template.

When I go to www.site.com/qr.htm with the chameleon rule off, the page loads fine inside my current template.

Is there a setting i'm missing or something. I know chameleon is working because it knows that the template is suppose to change to "beez" . It just fails to load the article.

Any thoughts?
Thanks again!

scatternoise
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hi Scatternoise,

have you put the shs404sef plugins *before* the Chameleon plugin yet? You definitely need to do this other wise you get 404 errors. That is, in the System section of the plugin manager, put the 2 sh404sef ones as -100, the chameleon one as -90, and the chameleon actions one can be anywhere after that.

I'm working really hard on the sh404sef stuff - it's proving to be very challenging. At the moment the "active" menu item is always getting reset to the home page of the site rather than the current page and I need to find a fix for that.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Markus,

I've finished Chameleon 2.19 and installed it on your site. It contains much better support for the most recent Joomla 1.7 version of sh404SEF and fixes the errors you were having. After a little more testing I'll make it available for download for all customers.

You mentioned that you only want the alternative template available on certain menu items. If that's the case, then do you need the session support at all? Why not just use 1 rule, and assign the particular menu items you want for that template? Or, I may be misunderstanding your requirement.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen,
thanks again for your time! I found out that the language change doesn`t work anymore. The URL changes to en, but the text is still de. You see it on the mobileview navigation. Just change language.
Greetings Markus

Herm
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
User info in posts

I think I want to tear my hair out. Will look into this again immediately.

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: