Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Using SH404SEF or Artio JoomSEF? Please read...

Using SH404SEF or Artio JoomSEF? Please read...

Hi all,

If you are using sh404SEF or Artio's JoomSEF, then you may have discovered the following features in Chameleon don't appear to work:

- switching template due to article / section / category
- switching template due to menu item
- switching template due to component
- requesting a password reset or "forgot username" redirects to the front page of the site without doing anything

The reason for this is that Chameleon relies on Joomla' "Routing" system to convert SEF URLs into $option, $Itemid, $id, and other parameters. Chameleon requires these in order to calculate which menu item, or article you are viewing. SH404SEF and JoomSEF enhance Joomla's routing system, but Chameleon needs a small setup adjustment in order to get hold of this information.

Solution

It's easy to fix this. All you need to do is to ensure that the "System - sh404sef" or "System - ARTIO JoomSEF" plugin appears before the "System - Chameleon" plugin.

Steps:

1. In the admin part of your site, go to Extensions->Plugin Manager
  2. To make it easier to find the plugins you want, use the "Select Type" dropdown to choose "System"
  3. In the list of system plugins that appears, reorder the items so that the "System - sh404sef" or "System - ARTIO JoomSEF" plugin appears before the "System - Chameleon" plugin (i.e. is a lower "order" number).
  4. Often the "order" column is out of order. Any items with a negative order number should be left alone, but you can manually order the rest of them by typing in a new order number, then clicking on the small "save" icon at the top of the "order" column.
  5. Suggestion: set the Chameleon plugin to -90 and the sh404SEF or JoomSEF plugin to -99.

If you have any further issues with SH404SEF or JoomSEF, please report them. In testing, doing the reordering as described above has solved all the problems.

Stephen

Edited By: metamodguy
05-Feb-13 07:14:53

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Using SH404SEF or Artio JoomSEF? Please read...

I discovered over the last few days that its super important to A) update components and plugins B) make sure the plugins are in the right order after updating them.

Thank you for the support!

lordbarron
useravatar

I use Metatemplate Pro with SH404SEF but I can not get it work.

I have made a set cookied template with a session variable as you showed on the video explanation but it doesn't work.

roefie
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
User info in posts

roefie, can you give some more info about what doesn't work? What template do you get? Do you get something the first time but then the cookie-ing doesn't work? Need some more details here!

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Only environment / page URL set the template.

All other options doesn't work.

I use Joomla 1.5.18 core and SH404sef1.0.16_Beta - build_222 - Joomla 1.5.x - extensions. Siliana.com component.

roefie
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
User info in posts

Hi roefie,

I just wanted to let you know that I am working on this. I just installed SH404SEF v1.5.4 v302, and at the moment I am having the same problem as you are, even after following my own instructions.

"lordbarron" -- can you tell me what version of sh404sef you are using so we can compare notes?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

I hope you'll find a solution. Please email me.

Best regards ,

Rudi

roefie
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Rudi,

I'm working very hard on the new version of MetaTemplate Pro - it has some very exciting new features in it. I spent quite a lot of time looking at the sh404SEF issue and have a fix for it. If I don't release it in the next few days I'll send you the Beta version.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks again Stephen for the support. Looking forward to it.

roefie
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
User info in posts

Hi all,

MetaTemplate and MetaTemplate Pro v1.5, released 26 July 2010, have significant improvements in sh404SEF handling. You still need to place the sh404SEF system plugin BEFORE the MetaTemplate system plugin, but after that it seems to be working well, at least in testing.

If you haven't upgraded yet - now's the time!

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: