Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

IPv6

IPv6

Hi,

Does Chameleon support IPv6? Have some visitors which can´t see the correct prices in virtuemart... Searched now for 5 hours about this problem and found it finally.  From IPv4 connections everything works fine, but from IPv6 connections it doesn´t. Do you have any idea, how to solve that. Thank you! My Version is the latest Joomla and Chameleon 2.59.

Best regards,
Elvis

channelsurfer
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: IPv6

Hi,

Apologies - at this time it doesn't support IPv6 as the MaxMind Legacy databases don't support it.
However I have been working on including support for their GeoLite2 databases.
For testing purposes, could you please send me some examples of the exact IPv6 addresses that were failing? It would be useful to be able to confirm that these work before I publish the new version.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Hi,

Yes i can do that. But maybe it´s also possible to use the GeoIP ipv6 Free Version (https://www.maxmind.com/de/ipv6-information-and-faq) and combine it with the GeoIP ipv4 version. Maybe to check the IP Version first and then localize which database would be used. I have no idea, if this is possible. Hope you get the point :-)

Best regards,
Elvis

channelsurfer
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Hi,

I'm just working on how to make a smooth transition for people who have been using advanced PHP rules with the GeoLiteCity database that returns a "$geoip" object with a particular structure. It's not so straight forward and I want to allow users to choose between the 2 different structures. Could still be a few weeks away, sorry.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: