Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Automatically switch Language doesnt work

Automatically switch Language doesnt work

Hello,

we used your documentation (http://www.metamodpro.com/component/con … -joomla-25) to set the rule, but with no effect.

We use Joomla 3.48 (no sef404, no JoomFish).

The  Menu is created multilingual in the backend, every item is associatted with another item in the other language. We have two languages until yet (english, german - french is planned ). The Frontend-Language-Switch works quite well. 

Both GeoIP-Databases are installed as you´ve described.
And the Settings for the Rule were made, but it doesn´t work.

The homepage is the english version ( www.domain.com/cms/en/index.php).
When people use their browser in german language, the language should switch one time at first from www.domain.com/cms/en to www.domain.com/cms/de automatically.

The site is already launched and we can offer you access to the backend.

Cayenne
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Automatically switch Language doesnt work

Hi Cayenne,

thanks for getting in touch about this. I just did some testing for another client and created some instructions. I think the setup is similar to what you are describing except it's based on GeoIP rather than browser language settings (I think that's what you are saying). So take a look at http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=2387 for the basic instructions.

To alter it to detect browser language instead of GeoIP, you can use the Config tab to set "$language" to "Browser's preferred language". LEAVE THE "Preferred list of languages" BOX EMPTY FOR NOW (it has a very special use and you may want to use it later). Then in the Environment tab, type "fr" to detect French, and follow the rest of the instructions in the linked post.

If in doubt as to what Chameleon is doing, be sure to use Chameleon's Debug mode (in the Config panel from the main Rules list page). Then when you view the front end you should see debug output appearing describing which rules have been tried and which ones succeeded or failed.

I hope that helps, let me know if you still have trouble with it.
Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: