Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Unpublish Menu: Action Cancelled but not item menu text.

Unpublish Menu: Action Cancelled but not item menu text.

Hi
I have added a rule that successfully disables a menu item.  The problem is the that menu text (in a sub menu) remains. So if I then click that item the link (to a chronoform) fails. Have I missed something? There is some note to the effect that the template in use may hinder the action  I suspect that I could get round it bu setting up a separate template for the rule but that seems a clumsy way of dealing with it.
I aam using Joomla 3.4.6, template js_wright, PHP 5.5 and Chameleon 2.49

Regards
Nick

NickOg
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Unpublish Menu: Action Cancelled but not item menu text.

Hi Nick,

yes that sounds like a problem alright. I do wonder what's going on there.
Are you saying that sub-menu items from the disabled menu item still appear?
Or are you saying that text from the disabled menu item itself still appears?

If the former, then perhaps Chameleon needs to also then disable all the descendants of the disabled menu item.

Can you please also tell me what type of template you are using? Is it from one of the big template clubs like RocketTheme, YouTheme, Joomlart etc?

And what about the menu system - is that part of the template, or a standard Joomla menu module?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen
The text for the sub-menu that has been cancelled still appears but the action itself is cancelled. As built there are no sub menus under that sub menu. So your latter point does not apply.

The template in use is js_wright template by Joomlashack v.3.1.6.2 and the menus on that template are all the standard Joomla menus.

Does that help?

Regards

Nick

NickOg
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
User info in posts

Now this is embarrassing.I thought that I should go back and check my facts here anticipating further questions.  And it now works fine!  I think that the reason is I had originally tried to use a single PHP rule to deal with whether or not the user was a guest and whether a flag was set in a database.  I then split that into two - using PHP for the flag check and the Actions to check for a guest. I think I lost it since there seems to be some delay - not just a cache matter - in the rule taking effect.

So - all sorted..  This is really one hell of a powerful tool!
big_smile

Nick

NickOg
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics: