Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

 

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

 

Bug avec Joomfish

Bug avec Joomfish

UK: For use with Joomfish, menus do not adapt to the language while
the remaining contents are properly treated ... To correct it if
possible because this module looks very interesting;)

FR: A l'usage avec joomfish, les menus ne s'adaptent pas à la langue choisie alors que
le reste des contenus sont correctement traités... A corriger si
possible car ce module semble très intéressant wink

Edited By: metamodguy
13-Mar-10 03:32:34

Olivierctn
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
Offline
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Bug avec Joomfish

Salut Olivier,

We found the way to fix this: see this post: http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=219

Basically, all you have to do is to reorder the system plugins in Joomla so that the "System - MetaTemplate" plugin appears *after* the "System - Jfdatabase" plugin (which is at -100). So I just set "System - MetaTemplate" to position -90 and that fixes it.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
Offline
3312 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Bug avec Joomfish

Ok merci stephen!

Pourrais-tu me donner les réglages pour faire changer de template lorsqu'on passe de la langue français à la langue anglaise avec joomfish???

could you give me the settings to change template
when going from the French language to English with Joomfish???


Merci

Olivier

Olivierctn
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
Offline
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Bug avec Joomfish

ok, in the main setup for MetaTemplate, set the $language handling to "Joomla front-end language".

Then in the PHP rule, use something like this:

if ($language_code == "en") return true;

Then set up the SUCCEED action to set the appropriate template. This will only be activated when the front-end language is English.

Is that what you want?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
Offline
3312 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Bug avec Joomfish

I've tried your solution but the menu doesn't switch to the correct language.

Please help

Thanks in advance

masterde
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
Offline
5 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Bug avec Joomfish

Hi masterde,

can you please provide some more info about your setup:
- version of Joomla
- version of MetaTemplate
- symptoms of problem
- exact PHP code you are using in MetaTemplate
- the "position" (ordering number) of the MetaTemplate System Plugin in the Plugin Manager
- a site URL that shows the problem, if you can give this.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
Offline
3312 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Bug avec Joomfish

- version of Joomla
1.5.15
- version of MetaTemplate
1.4
- symptoms of problem
I have two templates one that's completely arabic and right to left, and the other is english left to right
I have JoomFish localization with two languages English and Arabic
When changing languages using a single template without MetaTemplate the localization works fine but of course we must make it RTL so we used MetaTemplate, but the problem is some menu items which clicked on will cause some modules to revert back to the other language, mainly the language that was set as the default in Joomla.
- exact PHP code you are using in MetaTemplate
if ($language_code == 'ar') return true;
if ($language == 'arabic') return true;
if ($language == 'ar-dz') return true;
- the "position" (ordering number) of the MetaTemplate System Plugin in the Plugin Manager
-90
- a site URL that shows the problem, if you can give this.
http://www.istore.com.sa/

I tried setting a different rule for each language, and then tried one rule to switch them both. nothing works

if you need access to the backend, I'll be happy to give you, I'll even pay you big_smile maybe buy couple of MetaTemplate Pro even though I don't need them ;D

Thanks in Advance
but please helps us, deadline is in 4 days

masterde
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
Offline
5 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Bug avec Joomfish

Hi masterde,

Nice site! Thanks for including the URL - this helps, now I can see just what you mean.

It appears that there are some components which cause the menus to lose their language setting.

I have a little time just now to spend on this. I'll be in touch via e-mail to arrange access.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
Offline
3312 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:
 
Total Topics:
1667
Total Polls:
6
Total Posts:
5909
Posts this week:
1
User Info:
 
Total Users:
10119
Newest User:
watytb5
Members Online:
3
Guests Online:
194


Forum Legend:

 Topic
 New
 Locked
 Sticky
 Active
 New/Active
 New/Locked
 New Sticky
 Locked/Active
 Active/Sticky
 Sticky/Locked
 Sticky/Active/Locked