Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JModuleHelper in....

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JModuleHelper in....

Hi
Joomla 3.4.5
VM 3.0.10
Template: Virtueplanet VPMerchant

I am getting the error Fatal error: "/Users/xxxxxxx/libraries/cms/module/helper.php on line 20"

I saw an earlier thread in March with the problem but no solution.

We have been setting up for a couple of months a new site built around virtuemart using the Virtueplanet template and just as we were hooking in the Metamod (an integral part) to go live we ran into this problem.

Can you please advise a solution. Is there somewhere in the Metamod plugin to add if class exists? Would that work?

Thank you
Steve

easypony
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JModuleHelper in....

Hi Steve,

thanks for resurrecting that old thread which it looks like I didn't finish following up. The good news is that they have not declared their own class, but I am not sure that their solution is necessarily the whole story. Could you possibly e-mail me a copy of the template so I can test this out and come up with the best solution? I will PM you my e-mail address.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Much appreciated for your quick response Stephen

I have just sent a zip of the requested file.

Thank you
Steve

easypony
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
7 Posts

Hi,

so far it's all working for me on my test site with MMP and the VP template. I haven't been able to replicate the error. Could you please paste in the PHP code you are using in MetaMod in case that's contributing to the issue?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

And also can you please paste in the complete text of the error? You can hide the path if you need to, but I think it will have stated more precisely what the error was, not just in which file it occurred.

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Steve,

I managed to replicate and track down the error. There's now a good work-around for it in the latest version of MetaMod Pro, downloadable through your account. (MetaMod Pro v3.24)

Can you please let me know how you get on with it? I have tested it now on a number of Joomla versions and it seems to be working fine.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: