Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Redirect

Redirect

I have setup a rule that assigns a template and redirects to a Joomla menu item based on a specific user that is logged in.  I am using the Community Builder login module for this project and the module is setup to redirect to the profile of the logged in user.  So the issue I am having is, that my chameleon rule funtions but only after the designated user logged in and is first redirected to the CB profile page, then the user can click on any link/menu item and he will be directed to the menu item of the rule and the themplate will be assigned.

How can I create the rule so that it disregards the redirect from the login module for this user? So that when this users logs in he/she is immediately redirected to the location of the chameleon rule.

Thanks,

Sima

Sima
SIMA
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Redirect

Actually, I just discovered that once logged in and you click on any link that has to do with Community Builder the redirect doesn't work.  However any other Joomla type of link will redirect.

Sima
SIMA
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Sima,

I just tested this out as best I can, given that I don't know exactly how yours is set up or exactly what you're trying to achieve...

- set up CB
- set up CB profile main menu item as index.php/cbprofile
- set up CB login module to redirect to index.php/cbprofile after login
- created Chameleon rule that detects:
- - user "admin"
- - menu item CB Profile
- - succeed action: redirect to arbitrary menu item "Page2"

Using this system, whenever "admin" logs in they are sent to "Page2". They can then go to anywhere on the site except for the CB Profile page, which will continue to redirect to Page2.

Is this the sort of thing you want to happen?
Or do you want the selected user to be sent to one page and NOT be able to navigate anywhere else at all?

If you can explain exactly what you want to happen then I'll be able to advise more.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

I want the selected user to be sent to one page and NOT able to navigate anywhere else at all.  The way I have it setup is similar then you except that I do not detect the menu item CB profile because I need to exclude the menu item it is redirecting to otherwise I will create a loop.  I was able to resolve my issue.  Because my redirect rule was a brand new addition to my rules, it automatically saved it as the last rule.   But the last two rules have "stop processing" as next action.  I published my redirect rule before the last two and it seem to have resolved the issue.  Does all this makes sense? smile

Sima
SIMA
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts

Yes, makes sense, well done smile

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: