Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Menu module - starting at level 2 - show submenu items for parent

Menu module - starting at level 2 - show submenu items for parent

Hi Stephen,
I've got a main menu on a website. Two of the main menu root items have submenu items. One of the main menu items with subpages is a "Services" parent with subpages as specific services.

I want to display another menu on the website which lists the subitems of the "Services" menu item only. I have setup another Menu module which lists the items of Main Menu starting at and ending at level 2. The menu is displayed including all of the services but because there is another main menu item with subpages it displays the items of that too which is not what I want.

I was wondering whether there was a method of Metamod publishing the Menu module but only showing the subpages of the Services menu - possibly working off the id of the Services menu item?

Kind regards as always!
Liam

camble
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
8 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Menu module - starting at level 2 - show submenu items for parent

To follow up Stephen, I did some more research and found ElastiMenu which is another great module from you haha!

I installed ElastiMenu, set the source menu to Main Menu, selected the Services menu item as "Included", Start and End level as 2 with sub menu items to Yes. I then set the module to appear on all pages (as the menu will appear throughout the website in the footer).

There is no module shown but it seems to be echoing the issue I had with the core Menu module when I tried to set it to start level 2 where I'd commented out this row from the helper.php file within mod_menu: //|| ($start > 1 && !in_array($item->tree[$start-2], $path))

The same line is in the helper.php file of the ElastiMenu module but when I comment out the same line it still doesn't work.

Any ideas dude?

camble
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
8 Posts

Re: Menu module - starting at level 2 - show submenu items for parent

Hi Liam,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. I was going to suggest ElastiMenu after your first post, but you found it anyway smile

However I think I would use it in a different way. ElastiMenu uses the standard Joomla menu module code for the start levels etc, so commenting out those lines will do the same as it would on the Joomla menu module. So that's not going to be the answer.

What I'd suggest is that you use the "Include Menu Items" to select all the menu items that you want to show, and it will exclude everything you have not selected. This ensures that only items in that part of the menu will be shown.

You can still set the start and end levels and that might help the formatting a bit.

Does that do what you're wanting?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: