Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Exclude Selected Items

Exclude Selected Items

Hello,

I have an issue were a rule keeps failing even doe it shouldn't.  I setup a rule to assign a template to the menu items that are not excluded.  So in other words, in the Menu Handling section, I selected the option "Excluded Selected Items"  and selected only the menu items I do not want the template to be assigned to.  The rule doesn't work.  When I run the debugger it says that the action fails for the menu items it should not fail on.  The same for the selected menu items (excluded) were it actually works as it should.  This is the output of the debugger:

Code:

Processing rule id 6 ("Template Community Logged in")

- Menu handling: currently in menu name: homemenu, Menu id: 101
- Menu items: current menu item is in one of the selected menus to exclude - failing

Menu ID 101 correctly fails because I selected it to be excluded

Code:

Processing rule id 6 ("Template Community Logged in")

- Menu handling: currently in menu name: mainmenu, Menu id: 181
- Menu items: current menu item is in one of the selected menus to exclude - failing

Menu ID 181 incorrectly fails because I did not selected it to be excluded

Please help.

Thanks,

Sima

Sima
SIMA
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Exclude Selected Items

Hi Sima,

There are only 2 places where the message "Menu items: current menu item is in one of the selected menus to exclude" is generated. These are "Exclude selected items" and "Exclude selected items and their children".

In both cases, you can select menu NAMES from the list as well as menu ITEMS.

If you select a menu NAME (with or without additional items), then you can get the message above if the menu item that the user is viewing lies within the entire menu whose name is selected.

I would hazard a guess that in rule 6 you have selected menu name "mainmenu". Therefore menu item id 181, which lies in that menu, is excluded.

Did I get it right?  :-)

Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Hello Stephen,

Sorry for the late reply.  I left on a trip right after posting this.  And yes you are absolutely right.  I indeed had the menu Name selected as well as the individual items.  As soon as I deselected the menu Name and left the menu items selected it solved the problem.

As always, thanks for the great support.

Sima

Sima
SIMA
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
19 Posts
User info in posts

Ok, I'm glad that solved it. Thanks for letting me know.

Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: