Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

can metamod help with this?

can metamod help with this?

Hi, I'm running a virtuemart 2.6.6 site on the basis of Joomla 2.5.28, and ever since making the site multilingual I've run into loads of problems with site sections not linking to one another with full URLs containing the "itemid" parameter.

At the moment I'm dealing specifically with all my SSL active page: when I enter them (in any language), the URL loses the itemid and the pages render awkwardly.

Is there something I could do with MetaMod to somehow bridge that gap and force the software to carry over itemids?

tap21
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
20 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: can metamod help with this?

solved: I had to hire a developer to check my site, and we sorted out a variety of problems mostly due to de-activating Virtuemart's SEF. You more or less have to use it in order to not have URL link problems.

Free advice for those with similar problems: don't be afraid to pay for professional help (it's not expensive - and I have a sterling recommendation to give) - better that you get your problems 100% solved so you can focus on the reason why you installed VM (to run your business).

tap21
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
20 Posts

Re: can metamod help with this?

Hi Tap21,

thanks for reporting back on this. I know it's too late now that you have fixed it, but MetaMod won't help you to carry over Itemids. However it would most likely help you to still display modules on the right pages even where the Itemids are wrong or missing, but that's another matter.

Out of interest, are you saying that you MUST use SEF URLs in VM, or that you must NOT?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: