Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Compatible with Vertex / Shape 5 templates?

Compatible with Vertex / Shape 5 templates?

Hi there,

I am trying to do a simple Menu-based template switch at this stage.
The rule seems to work ok, but the CSS is not right on the menus it is intended for - and all the fancy options built into the template are reset to their defaults (and not the options I select).  For example, the template has a Font Resizer which you can turn on and off - I turned it off, but it stays on.
I am guessing the problem is the way the template is built?
It's is a Shape5 / Vertex template (Oasis).
I duplicated the template using the Joomla function, and made my changes to the dupe template.
Let me know if you need links.......

Thanks.  Great component!

lukeo
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Compatible with Vertex / Shape 5 templates?

Hi lukeo,

sorry for the belated reply.
That's a very odd situation you are having - I would not expect this to happen.
I wonder about whether it's the duplication function that's at fault, or Chameleon?

Can you try this to take Chameleon out of the equation:

1 - disable all your Chameleon rules, or disable the System Chameleon plugin
2 - assign one of your top-level menu items to the new template
3 - tweak some of the settings on the new template so you'll know when it's being used
4 - test

Do you find that the new template is failing in the same way as it was with Chameleon?

I haven't investigated just how the template duplication function works, but when I created something like that in Joomla 1.5 I found all kinds of issues with trying to duplicate templates. Even with some dynamic PHP code rewriting there was lots of scope for messing up, especially when templates relied on their particular "path" name being a particular thing. (so the duplicate template inherited some stuff from the original template, or stopped working entirely). Again, I don't know if the new system suffers from the same issues but it's worth taking Chameleon out of the equation to test it out.

Hope that helps - please do let me know how you get on. I'm interested in the results.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Thank you!

Yes, the same problem occurs without Chameleon in the picture.
I disabled the System plugin, assigned a top-level menu item to the dupe template, and it's broken as before.

I'll try making a manual copy of the template.......  appreciite anything you can suggest!

lukeo
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

So I made a manual copy of the template and set that to a menu item......... same problem.

Then I set the template copy as the default template for the site, loaded the website, and then swapped back to the original template.....

Now it works!  I haven't turned Chameleon back on, but I don't need it for this so I'll just leave it alone smile

Thanks for your support.  Hopefully this keeps on working.

lukeo
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
3 Posts

Hi, thanks for reporting back. I'm glad that's working now - I guess there are just some issues with the standard Joomla template duplicating code.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: