Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Hiding a module from the front page of a K2 Category page?

Hiding a module from the front page of a K2 Category page?

Hi,

I'm assuming this is possible but not quite sure how to achieve it.

My index page is a K2 category page, with multiple levels of categories. The problem is, each category page is still recognised as the home page. I have some modules that I want to display on all pages apart from the home page.

I'm just wondering if anyone could help me with the code to set this up?

Many thanks

reders
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
12 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Hiding a module from the front page of a K2 Category page?

Hi Reders,

Yes you can do this, because MetaMod can tel the difference between different page types even on the same menu item. The aim in this case will be to identify the page type of the "front" category page, then use MetaMod to load the module on all pages except from that one.

So the question is, what type of page is that front page? I can't see what type of standard K2 page it might be, as all the standard k2 page just show items, not category titles (unless I missed something). So is it a 3rd-party component or done in a module (in which case the page type is something different)?

One thing that can help to identify what type the front page is, would be to assign a MetaMod to all pages, turn on Advanced Debug mode in MetaMod, then view that front page and copy and paste the output from MetaMod into the forum here.

Once I have that it should be clearer...

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: