Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Metamod Pro with Aidanews2

Metamod Pro with Aidanews2

Hi Stephen,
I've used a module called Aidanews2 which allows you to have a Latest News module chosen from an Article Category. It's great however I need a couple of things to be different which I'm hoping Metamod Pro can achieve smile

The Article "List" page displays the articles in a list which is pulled from a module position situated below the Component position. If the user clicks on an article, it takes them to the article page which uses the same template and menu item and also displays the module so I would like the module to be hidden on the article page.

You can see the site by going to http://dev.secretbali.life/ and logging in using "demo" and "demo" as the username and password. Once logged in, the page is: http://dev.secretbali.life/shhh/musical-maestros

Can you advise at all please mate?

Kind regards
Liam

camble
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
8 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Metamod Pro with Aidanews2

Hi buddy,
fingers crossed I've achieved the result I wanted.

I set it to display a module which included some styles to hide (display:none) the class of the module that was included if it was on the article page which has worked.

If you can think of a better way that'd be cool, otherwise fingers crossed I've got the result I wanted.

Kind regards
Liam

camble
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
8 Posts

Re: Metamod Pro with Aidanews2

Hi Liam,

If I understand you right, you need a module to show on the list page, but not on the article page, which are both on the same menu item, correct?

As well as doing a display:none, you could also make it not display the target module at all.

So in place of the module you put a MetaMod, and then assign the target module to pages: "none"

In the MetaMod, use this:

if ($core_genius->check("pagetype not = article")) return XXX;
// replace XXX with module id of the module you want
// to disappear on the article page.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: