Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Metamod with DP Calender component

Metamod with DP Calender component

I am now working on a website which has a calendar/events component called DP Calendar installed.

Essentially the Calendar component uses the same template for the "event list" page and the "event details" page. I have included a side module on the calendar page that I need on the "event list" page but not on the "event details" page (I need a different module completely to be loaded here), so I was wondering whether you had any advice for preventing the module being loaded on the "event details" page and a different module(s) loaded?

The dev website is: http://dev.secretbali.life/
Username: demo
Password: demo

camble
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
8 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Metamod with DP Calender component

Hi,

You can toggle modules based on whether you are on a calendar page or event page like this (based on the free version of DPCalendar - I assume it's the same for the paid version):

if ( $option == 'com_dpcalendar'
and $view == 'event' ) return XXX;
if ( $option == 'com_dpcalendar'
and $view == 'calendar' ) return YYY;
// replace XXX with the module id of the module to show on event pages
// replace YYY with the module id of the module to show on calendar pages

This PHP code makes no distinction between calendar pages that are in "list" format and those that show a calendar view, but DO make a distinction between either of those and the "event details" page, so I think that does what you want it to.

Please also make sure you follow the instructions on the Quick Start page regarding how to prepare the "target modules" (the ones you want to toggle / show up on those pages.  http://www.metamodpro.com/metamod/quick-start

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Perfect thank you.

I have set the modules to Unpublished and on then added the rules that you wrote so they display perfectly! Thank you once again Stephen, you're a credit to your awesome module and I couldn't recommend it highly enough to anybody!

Kind regards
Liam

camble
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
8 Posts

Wonderful, I'm glad this worked for you. Thanks for your feedback.

Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: