Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

How to control timing for a given user?

How to control timing for a given user?

Hello,
I am using the Simple File Upload module to allow users to upload images to my website. However, I'd like users to be able to upload only 3 images a month. How can I do it with MetaMod?
Thanks!

Dani

acrocephalus
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: How to control timing for a given user?

Hi Dani,

do you know anything about how Simple File Upload saves the images or keeps track of which ones were uploaded by which user? For MetaMod to make decisions based on how many images a user has uploaded, it's going to have to get this info from the database or perhaps file system. In order for it to track them by time (e.g. how many in the current month) then it's going to need timestamps as well.

Hopefully SFU is going to have some way of tracking which user uploaded which files, like perhaps putting them in a folder with that's user's ID number in the folder name? Or it may require getting that info from the database.

If you can hunt around for that info, or on a test site do some file uploads and work out where the user id and timestamp info can come from, that would be helpful for me to start to create some PHP that MetaMod can use to govern the visibility of the file upload module.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: