Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Cannot Interact with a Modal Popup using MetaMod

Cannot Interact with a Modal Popup using MetaMod

Hi, I'm using MetaMod to conditionally display a module that includes a call for a modal popup.

I've removed the condition while testing, and have run into an issue.

I am using NoNumber's ModulesAnywhere to include a metamod module into a page.

The metamod module then references a custom HTML module that has a snippet of HTML that uses NoNumber's modals plugin to trigger the modal popup.

Everything works as expected -- the modal popup is displayed just fine -- but I cannot interact with any of the anchors in the modal popup (two images have links on them to other locations). Instead, I get a rotating circle in the middle of the popup.

If I do not use MetaMod to display the modal popup, then I can click on the links -- so it seems that MetaMod is causing this it to occur.

Here's a video walkthrough of my setup and the issue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyIWBBD1jQU

The URL to the site is http://newgtwn.marketaccess.ca/

smallbiz
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
12 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Cannot Interact with a Modal Popup using MetaMod

Hi Smallbiz:

thanks for uploading the video, that was very helpful.

The main thing I can think of is that you may need to set the "style for included modules" to "inherited" as it may be set to something else at the moment.
If that doesn't fix it (or it was set to Inherited anyway), then try the following:
- disable the MetaMod and assign the target module to the page in the normal way.
- test. Does it show up correctly?

If it doesn't show up correctly, then it's not MetaMod to blame.
If it does show up correctly, then obviously MetaMod has something to do with it.

It all boils down to the difference in the HTML output of the page. So I suggest taking a close look at the differences between the HTML on that part of the page when (i) MetaMod is not involved and (ii) when MetaMod is involved. There must be some difference between the 2 things.

Can you report back with what you find, and that will help me to diagnose it?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen, I checked, and Inherited was selected. Due to project deadlines, I had to switch to NoNumber Advanced Module Manager as it displayed the modal correctly. So, that does answer the question about whether it can work okay. Why it didn't with MetaMod I'm not sure, but if you do find out why it might, let me know as your extension would be preferred solution.

smallbiz
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
12 Posts

Hi Smallbiz,

sorry I couldn't get to the bottom of this either. In the end it's going to come down to what HTML is output on the page. MetaMod Pro *should* output module HTML exactly the same as if the module was included on the page directly, but for some reason in this case it can't have been.

To test, I took the latest free version of Modals and latest free version of ModulesAnywhere and installed them on J3.3.
I took an article and added {module 66} where module 66 is a MetaMod. (using Pro).
MetaMod #66 includes module 67 with no conditions. I tried with style=inherited and style=rounded and it made no difference.
Module 67 is a custom HTML module with {modal /link/to/a/page/on/my/site}click here{/modal}

Once all that is saved, I clicked on the link, and the requested page showed up as a modal. All the links on that page showed correctly. I didn't see a spinning icon.

This was on a fairly vanilla Joomla installation with the standard system templates.

Evidently there is something else going on in your site that I can't recreate. Sorry I didn't get any further in this case. I think it would require a closer look at your site and testing to see the exact differences in HTML output between when you use the MetaMod and when you don't.

In any case I see you have it working which is great. If you do want to tackle this again please let me know so I can take a closer look at your site.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: