Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Login issues with metamod...

Login issues with metamod...

Hi there, have installed and used metamod. I have started to have an erratic behaviour on my login.
So I have made some tests to isolate the problem, and this is what I found :
If I disable the metamod I can login OK, If I enable it I get "Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in."
Any idea ? Any similar problem experienced?
I use Joomla 1.5, CB, and a bunch of other applications

dididounet
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Login issues with metamod...

That's really strange. Can you tell me if the MetaMod was including the login module? And which login module was it? (e.g. CB / VM / standard).

Also can you post a URL for the site?

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

I should add I've never seen this issue before, it's a strange one!

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Hello, thanks for your quick reply,
No the CB login is not in the list of modules affected by the metamod rules. Actually I have found a post with a similar problem on this forum. http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=102
As for this user, my problem occur on very specific times of the day... Actually he reported a way to fix it but I am not sure how to do that.... Would you know ?
Didier

dididounet
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

dididounet,

if you know the times of day when the problem occurs, can you try to design a test during that time? I'd like to know what happens if you don't have MetaMod enabled, but you DO have all the modules that MetaMod was displaying, just assigned statically on the page.

I strongly suspect that it's one of these other modules that's causing the problem. I believe that other people with this problem are blaming modules or components that do AJAX calls into Joomla (and similar issues), that reset cookies or form values or something like that.

So it seems logical that perhaps MetaMod only seems to be involved, because it's only when MetaMod includes certain modules that you see the problem occurring.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen
It seems that you re correct, We can remove metamod from the list of suspects...thanks for your feedback!

dididounet
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

<phew> thanks for the confirmation!!!

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: