Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

You are not authorized to view this page! - redirect to login page

You are not authorized to view this page! - redirect to login page

When I click on a link that should be going to a page that is set to Registered, I get a message saying "You are not authorized to view this page!". I want to be sent to a login page instead of getting this message Joomla 2.5

Maranatha
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
5 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: You are not authorized to view this page! - redirect to login page

Sorry, Chameleon don't have any way of determining whether access to a given page is allowed or not for the current user level (group). I don't often say this, but sorry, can't be done with this software.

If however there is a fairly limited number of pages or URLs that are protected in this way (i.e. for registered users only), then you COULD make a Chameleon rule (or several) that detect guests AND these pages/URLs, and if detected then redirect the user to the login page.

There are 2 issues with this approach:

1 - it's only going to be practical to do this with a limited number of protected pages. Every time you make a new protected page you would have to go back to Chameleon to add it to the list of exclusions which is not ideal. It would be fine for a smallish site where you know what all those pages are going to be.

2 - using this approach, sure people are going to be sent to the login page. However one they then log in, they won't get sent back to the page they were trying to access in the first place. They will have to re-navigate to it.

If those are not problems on your site then maybe Chameleon will work for you after all!

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Re: You are not authorized to view this page! - redirect to login page

Oh, and another approach you might investigate is whether you can put a login form onto the error page. I can't remember how the error pages are set up (is there something you can create in a template to create these?). But that might be a good way to approach it.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: