Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Publish only to certain articles?

Publish only to certain articles?

I am currently using Flexicontent as my CCK.  I have a menu that is second level to a separator.  Each menu item on the second level is setup to show a specific category view.  Within each category are articles links that are displayed.  I need to be able to show a specific (different) module on each of the articles (right side).  I also need to display a specific module on the category view in the same position.

I have l0oked through tons of forum posts and documentation over the past week to no avail. 

Can someone give a little guidance.

Thank you.

avantmedia
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Publish only to certain articles?

Come on.  Really?  No one?

avantmedia
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Re: Publish only to certain articles?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

At present I don't have FlexiContent installed, so can you help out with some investigation?

What would be most helpful is if you could turn on MetaMod Advanced Debug mode, and assign a Metamod onto ALL pages of your site (temporarily).

Then, go to a couple of examples of each type of page on your site that you want to target, and post a copy of the output from MetaMod Advanced Debug mode to this forum?

e.g. an example of output from the category page, and an example of output from an article that you got to by clicking on a link from the category page. And repeat for a couple of different categories, just so we can examine the differences in output.

Hopefully from this we'll be able to get the basic URL parameters that govern categories and articles, and the rules should be quite simple. If it gets a bit more complex we might have to do some database lookups as well, which means I'll need to install Flexicontent locally in order to get it all working right.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: