Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Creating Landing Page for Guests

Creating Landing Page for Guests

Hi All.
I'm probably overlooking the obvious here!
I have a website that uses StackIdeas EasySocial, EasyDiscuss and EasyBlog.  What I want to try to achieve is to have all guest visitors to the website see a splash page with a login/join option on it, and a few other menu options (such as privacy policies, the blogs etc).
I've tried doing a few different methods, but always get
Call to undefined method JUri::get()
I've duplicated the template I use (Corsa from JoomlaShine) and just assigned a welcome page, but still no luck!
What am I missing here?
Thanks
Dave

waveyuk
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Creating Landing Page for Guests

Hi Dave,

can you please tell me your exact version of Joomla and PHP? I'll check into the issue ASAP. It may be some changes in the most recent version of Joomla.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

I've just checked through the Chameleon codebase and one of the few times when there's a call to JURI::get() can only happen when sh404SEF is running. Can you confirm if you are using sh404SEF?

If not, can you copy and paste a bit more of the error message that appears, so I can see which file the error is occurring in?

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Stephen.
Yes, I am running sh404SEF.
I've kind of got it working - but whenever I try to change the default menu item, I am still getting the error.  As a result, when users are logged in now, instead of https://guys4guys.social/ being the homepage, it's showing https://guys4guys.social/easysocial/dashboard

I am runnng sh404SEF v.4.4.4.1791

As requested, here are the specs for my site
Setting    Value

PHP Built On    Linux server1.the-gsn.com 2.6.32-431.17.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 7 23:32:49 UTC 2014 x86_64
Database Version    5.5.37-cll
Database Collation    utf8mb4_unicode_ci
PHP Version    5.4.31
Web Server    Apache/2.2.27 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.27 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 3.3.6 Stable [ Ember ] 01-October-2014 02:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.111 Safari/537.36

waveyuk
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hi Stephen....
I've tried changing some things around, and still no luck (wish I'd made a note of the settings I'd used where it did kind of work!!).
The error that comes up is:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method JUri::get() in /home/thegsn/public_html/components/com_chameleon/helper.php on line 613

Dave

waveyuk
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hi Stephen.
I'd really appreciate your help ASAP - my site is totally broken at the moment - This error is causing it.
Thanks
Dave

waveyuk
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts

Hi Dave,
can you please e-mail me a copy of sh404SEF so that I can debug this? It's definitely an incompatibility between Chameleon and the most recent versions of sh404SEF but my sh404SEF subscription has run out. I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: