Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

[solved] Chameleon and mightysites- wrong database picked up!

[solved] Chameleon and mightysites- wrong database picked up!

I have an issue with sites using chameleon and mightysites. When publishing a rule that changes the template for all non-registered users (and forces them to log in) the resulting database connection when the user logs in is incorrect. I copied the site using akeeba in order to make the changes and then add sites using the mightysites extension (which sets up a separate database for each site but uses the same application files).  When using the chameleon rule on any of the sites, the database of the source site (and not connected to any of the mightysites work apart from it living on the same server) is picked up. This suggests to me one of two things:
-Chameleon has the database details saved from the original installation in a file or db table, and that is used instead of the native $db object. These were brought over from the akeeba copy of database and files (and this may not be a Mightysites issue at all, but I didn't notice this before installing mightysites)
-Chameleon is looking for the config options in their usual location and because these are overridden by mightysites to allow for database selection based on domain requested, is somehow resorting to those of the original site (as I said, not connected with these new mightysites.

It's all very strange! I've read other posts where people have used mightysites in conjuction with chameleon and template issues, but nothing quite as drastic as this. I'm hoping you can shed some light on it.

Regards
Andy

andypooz
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: [solved] Chameleon and mightysites- wrong database picked up!

It appears to be an issue with SSL rather than chameleon. Apologies.

andypooz
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Re: [solved] Chameleon and mightysites- wrong database picked up!

Thanks for reporting back. That was quite confusing!

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3319 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: