Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

[solved] Can't switch template disabling menu, redirect works

[solved] Can't switch template disabling menu, redirect works

I have setup rules to check for a URL param and if found load a separate template and keep it for the rest of the session or until user opts out. This is for an accessible version of my site. Chameleon seems to fit the bill perfectly
Im setting this in  Session Variable (per video instruction) and if found do action setTemplateStyle.
This doesnt work at all, i still get my default template (a Yoo theme template) (i have tried switching to several templates incl joomla default ones)
I should add i have tested the alternative templates and they work if assigned to menu items the usual way in Joomla.
Chameleon Debug actually says all is fine like: "Final template style set to "7|Protostar"
I can do all the other stuff in the action just fine ie. remove menuitems, run php, stop/continue, set theme "variation" via php etc
Sys stuff i tried after reading here on forum:
# Cache and cache plugin disabled
# Moved chameleon system plugins down to the bottom
# Tried SEF URLs on and off
Any pointers would be much appreciated
Thanks

upsetter
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: [solved] Can't switch template disabling menu, redirect works

Hi Upsetter,

I'm surprised this is not working for you. If the debug output says that it's setting the template then it generally is!

One thing you mentioned is that you moved chameleon system plugins down to the bottom. It depends what you mean by "bottom". In the list of plugins, ordered by "ordering", the bottom of the list is actually a higher "ordering" number, as the list will have lowest ordering numbers at the top, and continue to the highest ordering at the bottom of the page.

Plugins at the top of the list (lowest ordering number) get executed first. Chameleon generally needs to be at or near the top of the list (lowest ordering number) in order to function correctly.

Can you try that and see if it helps? If not, I'm happy to log in to your site to see if I can spot what's going on. Just PM me and we can arrange details.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Hello and thanks for your answer
yes i have tried both ways but the result is the same
im leaning towards some sort of conflict with other system component but i am not shure where to start

right now im on a local development host, ill see to it and open up for network access

upsetter
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Update: we found the issue, it was a conflict with another component, Advanced Template Manager.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3328 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: