Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

[solved] Ordering

[solved] Ordering

I am developing a site for my cousin - a photographer - who is based in Antigua:. http://shadesofthecaribbean.com/

I have been able to assign Galleries 1 to 3 without any problem. However I am unable to get Gallery 4 and five to display.

This is an ordering problem ?

They are ordered in sequence. (The order list is also showing discarded templates etc.)

I can get 4 and 5 - by reordering - to show but this displaces the existing templates that are currently showing correctly.

(I am using sef404. The plugins are set in accordance with your priority recommendations.)

Regards,

Pete Maguire.

herttach
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
1 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: [solved] Ordering

With your situation, I see from your site the following templates being used:

home page: blackmagic01
Gallery 1: blackmagic02
Gallery 2: blackmagic03
Gallery 3: blackmagic04
Gallery 4: blackmagic04  <— wrong?
Gallery 5: blackmagic04  <— wrong?

According to your earlier e-mails, I see that you are using Joomla 2.5 (which is fine).

1. You mention some things about ordering, and that there are discarded templates in the order list. Can I ask which list these are appearing in?
- the list of templates in the template manager?
- or the list of Chameleon rules that you are creating?

2. What method are you using in the Chameleon rules to detect which gallery is being displayed? e.g. by menu item or my URL or by some other method?

3. I suggest that you also take a look at the list of rules in the rule chain manager, and in particular the columns marked "Success style/template” and "Failure style/template”. At the end of each of these is “(STOP)” or “(continue)”. These are important. It’s likely that in your case you need the FAILURE column to be “(continue)”. I suspect that they may be “STOP” at the moment which would help to explain why reordering the rules appears to make some of them work.

So, each of the rules should STOP in the succeed action, and CONTINUE in the fail action. In other words, if the condition is detected (a particular gallery is found) then the template is changed and the rule chain is STOPPED immediately.

If however the condition is not met (i.e. you are not on gallery 1), then the FAIL action is run. At that point you don’t want to STOP the rulechain as then it never gets to the next rule! So in that case you need to set the FAIL action to “Process next rule in chain” (aka “continue”). You should probably have this set for all the rules in your chain unless there’s some other reason to stop processing on failure. But if you’re just switching template for those 5 galleries plus homepage then it’s fairly simple.

I hope that makes sense - please do let me know if you need more help with that and I can provide screenshots too.

I think it’s likely that #3 will solve your problems.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Re: [solved] Ordering

Update: we found what was wrong. I set up the rules so that they detected the main menu item for each gallery AND "all child menus", and that fixed it. Chameleon's DEBUG mode was also invaluable for tracking what was going on.

Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: