Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

MetaMod module title not showing

MetaMod module title not showing

Hi,

you helped me out here

http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=196

and I bought the pro version. Now I have the problem that the the MetaMod module title is not displayed anymore...

Rooney

Rooney
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: MetaMod module title not showing

That's odd - are you saying that simply by installing MMPro, the MetaMod titles disappeared?

The one time I know that can happen is if the MetaMod is including no sub-modules, or creating no output of its own (e.g. using "echo" statements in the PHP box). MetaMod Pro then removes the MetaMod entirely. But that shouldn't happen if/when the MetaMod is causing any other modules to show up.

If you were relying on the MetaMod behaviour of showing the MetaMod title even when it was not including other modules, then I think you can force MetaMod Pro to still include the MetaMod title by putting this into the PHP box:

echo "<!-- -->";

That would force it to make some invisible output, therefore MetaMod Pro won't remove it.

I hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

I have just installed the plugin, changed nothing else. I am including two modules with the array method you showed me. The modules appear as the should. Module title is turned on.

Rooney

Rooney
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts

The only other thing that I can think of is that the MetaMod "show title" is turned on. If so, turn it off. If it still doesn't disappear, then there's something very strange going on.

Could you tell me what template you are using, and perhaps send a URL for a page where this is occurring, if it's public?

Had you been using any special module class suffix, or "style for included modules" in the MetaMod?

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Here's the page: http://www.kreuzviertel-restaurant.de/

Sorry, its' all German. "style for included modules" is not used. The MetaMod title is turned on, but not showing.

Module 1 (custom) included in MetaMod, "Ankündigung" (Announcement) is not the title of MetaMod but Module 1. I just did that because the MetaMod title will not appear.

Code:

Ankündigung

– Am Samstag, dem 6. März ist unser Lokal aufgrund einer Familienfeier geschlossen!

Module 2 (custom) included in MetaMod

Code:

– Am Montag, dem 22. Februar ist unser Lokal aufgrund einer geschlossenen Gesellschaft nicht geöffnet.

What I want to achieve is, that the contents of the modules is is shown (dates when the restaurant is closed for some reason). These modules shall be unpublished automatically after due date. I want to use MetaMod pro to show the title "Ankündigung". If no announcement is due, the title also disappears.

Rooney

Rooney
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts

Hi Rooney,

If no announcement is due, the title also disappears

Are you saying that is happening at the moment, or that that's what you want to happen?

I am puzzled about why the title of the MetaMod is not showing. All I can think of is that maybe it's being published inside a module position that is set to "raw" (i.e. the titles of included modules are not shown). Or, that there may be a template override for modules in this template, that prevents the title from appearing. Try assigning a normal module inside that same module position - do you get the title showing up? MetaMod should be no different to any other module, in that sense!

However, it's not entirely bad that the title is not showing up, because in the end you want to be able to hide it when the MetaMod is not including any other modules.

Just a thought... are you using the start date / stop date controls in MetaMod? If not, then you could do something in the PHP box like this:

if (MM_DATE < '20101130') return XXX; // replace XXX with module id
else echo "<h3>We are still open...</h3>";

I might be confused about the messages, but the general principle is there. If you output any text with "echo" when using MetaMod Pro, it becomes a new module of its own and displays in the same position.

I hope some of that helps... if you want me to have a look at your setup, just PM me some admin login details and I am sure it won't take long to find out what's going on.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Nope, the module titles of the included modules are showing. The funny thing is that as soon as I am adding

Code:

echo "<h3>Ankündigung</h3>";

the MetaMod module title is showing...

Anyway, your tip with the echo command helps me to have the result I want. Thanks.

In case you are interested and want to investigate any further I would send you loging data to the page.

Rooney

Rooney
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts

D'UH! It suddenly occurs to me what's going on. Perhaps it's because it's too late at night here right now...

This is all completely expected behaviour! Sorry I didn't think of this before.

When you install MetaMod Pro, it's the job of MetaMod Pro to remove the MetaMod module from the page output. That's what it's there for! It only keeps the MetaMod module itself in position if it detects that there is output coming from the MetaMod itself, in the form of PHP code (the "echo" statement).

Most people, in my experience, turn off the title display for the MetaMod (when using non-Pro), so that only the target modules will be shown.

MetaMod Pro goes one step further and completely removes all evidence of the MetaMod module, leaving only the target modules, unless there is some direct output from the MetaMod.

The MetaMod's "title" gets caught in the crossfire. If you were relying on it appearing, then you have to force some output from the MetaMod. You could just echo an HTML comment, and that would be enough for the MetaMod to show up, title and all. e.g. echo "<!-- -->";

Sorry that it took me several posts to realise what's going on. Since most people don't want the MetaMod's title showing up, I think I got confused by the fact that you *did* expect it to be there.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3312 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks Stephen, using the echo command is perfect for me.

Rooney

Rooney
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
16 Posts

Hello

I am sorry to report that I am experiencing the very same problem : METAPRO made the metamod module title disappear. METAMOD : OK, METAMOD PRO : KO.
title showed in all other modules in the same position. Title activated in metamod module. No additional class suffix in metamod module or called modules. Metamod style is multiple DIVs.
if ( MM_HOUR >= 0 && MM_HOUR <= 3 )
     return 187;
... up to ...
if ( MM_HOUR == 23 )
     return 206;
else echo "<!-- -->";

I did not expect to regress with METAMOD PRO. Can you help before I revert back to METAMOD ?
site : www.gopro.fr
Metamod module is at the bottom of the page, with back video screen.
I may even give you access to backend, this issue being so important and usefull for your very useful module.

Thanks, Fred

despoix
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts: