Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

MetaMod Module Title shows on non selected pages in Virtuemart

MetaMod Module Title shows on non selected pages in Virtuemart

Hi

I have 2 problems:
1. Metamod Tittle shows on all the pages, not only on the ones I want it to show.
2. Modules inside metamod, never display their own Titles... so, if more than one Module is inside Metamod, they all appear togheter as if they were one Module.

I downloaded Metamod exclusively because it said that it could show modules on specific Product pages on Virtuemart. I used your Recipe for Product pages, and tested it on 2 Products only. The problem is that the Title of Metamod Shows on all the other pages under the selected Menu Assignment (Virtuemart shop), I understand that the free version does leave a small blank space were the modules are not supposed to appear, but showing the Title also is a no no for me and makes no sense at all.  sad

If I Hide the MetaMod Module Title, Then the Title for the Module I want will also Not show a Title, just the content. which is something I do not want. hmm

So basically, how do I hide Metamod Title on all the other pages not assigned to the module I want to use BUT also showing the tittle of my modules on the pages they are supposed to appear only??

thanks in advance

Using Joomla! 2.5.22, and mod_metamod-3-17

awowy
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: MetaMod Module Title shows on non selected pages in Virtuemart

Ok, so I am down to 1 problem now.

I noticed that in "Style for included modules" I had selected "Naked - no div no title", my bad... BUT when I select any other option, and Hide Metamod Title, then My module Title appears without the Modules Formating  sad  meaning, it appears as a simple h3 text, instead of using the module style, which is something like

Code:

<h3 class="header">

... I am using a yootheme template

But if I leave Metamod Title shown, its own title does appear as it should be like any other module.   yikes

awowy
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Re: MetaMod Module Title shows on non selected pages in Virtuemart

Hi,

the usual way it should work if you are not using the Pro version is this:

- no title showing in the MetaMod
- "style for included modules" set to DEFAULT
- the title display set to enabled in the INCLUDED module.

Depending on the template (and CSS/HTML setup in that template) it's often a good idea to set a random module class suffix. This can often help to fool the template into not recognising the "outer" MetaMod HTML as being a module, but the "inner" included module's HTML as being a module, and styling it appropriately. However this can be quite complex in some of the commercial templates, and the only sure way to solve this is to use MetaMod Pro. In the Pro version, there's no "outer" and "inner" HTML -- all modules are displayed on the page exactly as if there was no MetaMod involved. i.e. there's no extra HTML enclosing the included module.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: