Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Articles appearing as a heading

Articles appearing as a heading

Hi Stephen

I am not sure if this is related to chameleon, but it only happens when I publish the rule. I have a simple rule setup to check for Logged in Users. If so, then unpublish a menu item. However, when i turn this rule on and I log into the site, it unpublishes the menu item according to the rule, but it also adds the heading "Articles" at the top". This seems to happens when I don't redirect to a another menu item after I log in.

Again, this may not be related to your component but thought you may have some insight.

http://www.roarpilates.com.au/tmp/Articles.png

Thanks

Patrick

paddyrolls
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
4 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Articles appearing as a heading

Hi Patrick,

that's definitely puzzling, and if it's only happening when a Chameleon rule is published then it looks like it's Chameleon-related and some very complex interactions are going on.

Can you please tell me:

1 - Chameleon version
2 - Joomla version
3 - does the template have any HTML overrides in it that might have an effect on this?

Also I wonder about the setting of the active menu item in your Succeed action. If you don't set anything in that drop down, then do you still get the problem? That setting should only have some effect when you are going to the "default page" of your site, i.e. www.example.com/ with no page specified. So you should be able to test if this has something to do with the appearance of the article title, by going to a page on your site other than the default page, and removing the item from the drop-down in the Succeed action.

I hope that helps to narrow the search down a bit.

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Dormant:
User Info: