Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

GmAcess Support and Time Changer

GmAcess Support and Time Changer

Hello,

Nice work but something is missing for those like me using GmAccess (http://www.eduvs.ch/gmaccess/) which far away better than what the 1.6 will give us to protect access. I already made a hack of gmaccess to fulfil my needs: being able to display a specific template for each user groups, or user. But I missing some of the options MetaTemplate have. So! Maybe you could make a special version able to add to the section "Users and Groups" the GmAccess groups.

My code about GmAccess is here: http://forum.joomla.fr/showthread.php?t=6024&page=4 It's in french for the comments but the code is enough smple to be undertood easly.

An other feature that would be very intersting would be a time selector: display a certain list fo template at a certain list of time... local or not. Let me know; you can contact directly of course. Regards.

i82be34u
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: GmAcess Support and Time Changer

This forum is for MetaMod... but never mind, you're talking about MetaTemplate Pro.

For the time selector - in a way that's already there in MetaTemplate Pro. The date/time selectors are very versatile.

e.g. you can use plain times (without date). So you can set the start date/time to 08:00 and the end date/time to 08:50, and for that rule, set the template to switch to a certain template. Just make a new rule for each time period during the day.

If you want to do anything more complex, like 08:00 - 08:50 on Mondays and Tuesdays, you could use the time selectors as above, then add a small piece of PHP to detect the day of week: e.g. if ( MM_DAY_OF_WEEK == 2 or MM_DAY_OF_WEEK == 3 ) return true;

For anything more complex than that, you're better off with doing it in PHP, as there are so many options and permutations possible.

GmAccess

I took a look at the GmAccess thread you mentioned.

It looks like you can access the GmAccess groups, by accessing $user->gmid. That probably works inside MetaTemplate too, depending on how early the GmAccess system plugin gets run (whether it's run by the time MetaTemplate starts).

So, off the top of my head, I think you may be able to access the GmAccess groups from the MetaTemplate PHP box pretty much like you do in that thread:

$access_array = explode( ",", $user->gmid );
if (in_array( 7, $access_array )){
  $template = 'pubicite';
} elseif (in_array( 6, $access_array )){
  $template = 'mode';
} elseif (in_array( 5, $access_array )){
  $template = 'famille';
} elseif (in_array( 1, $access_array )){
  $template = 'membre';
} else{
  $template = 'public';
}
return $template;

I'd be very interested to know if this works. You can try it with the (free) MetaTemplate; you don't need Pro for this.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Sorry about my mistake about the wrong forum and thanks for answering whatever.

I have the pro version ( metamod too) and I will try soon your explaination about GmAccess. Do you have any documentation about all features of your MetaTemplatePro as MetamodPro : can't find one.

thanks

i82be34u
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Still working on documentation - sorry it's not ready. There's a bit of info on http://www.metamodpro.com/software/metatemplate but that's all at the moment.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week:
User Info: