Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

Chamelion Fatal Error on Jreviews Template3 for Jreviews component

Chamelion Fatal Error on Jreviews Template3 for Jreviews component

Fatal error: Cannot create references to/from string offsets nor overloaded objects in com_jreviews/jreviews/includes/plugins/jreviews.php on line 547

what should i do ?
I need to stop couple plugins on the Jreviews component and assign  new Jreviews Template 3 to that component.
I spent 3 hours, still cant figure out settings. I got this error.
The only hope to make it work i have on your Chamelion.

alexmartin
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
31 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: Chamelion Fatal Error on Jreviews Template3 for Jreviews component

Hi Alex,

Are you saying that Chameleon is causing this error, or that you want Chameleon to help you work around it?

If you want Chameleon to work around it, this should be reasonably easy to do:

1 - create a new Chameleon rule
2 - detect com_jreviews (or whatever it's called exactly) using the drop down in the "content and components" section
3 - in the Succeed Action, highlight the plugins you want to disable on those pages. Also use the dropdown to select the template you want to use on those pages.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks for this advise. That is exactly what I was doing. It does not help:

I needed to disable another plugin on one particular jReview page and Chameleon does it well. But i am getting this same error on Category page for jReview.
I turn Chamelion  off and the error is no longer there.

Fatal error: Cannot create references to/from string offsets nor overloaded objects in com_jreviews/jreviews/includes/plugins/jreviews.php on line 547
P.S.
In fact no matter what rule is created this error is always show up if the at least one rule is published.

alexmartin
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
31 Posts

Hi Alex,

I think this is going to need some in-depth debugging to get to the bottom of it. Can you possibly e-mail me a copy of JReviews so that I can install and test this to see what causes the error? I would ask for access to your site, but I need access to the PHP code itself to track what's going on, and that's much easier when running on localhost.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Yes, I just sent it on your email. Looking forward. Thank you very much for working on it.

alexmartin
Junior Modder
ranks
useravatar
31 Posts

Thanks Alex, just received this today. It's a big help to have a copy of this. I'm travelling back to New Zealand tomorrow and will look at this as soon as I am able (in the next 2 days).

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Ok, this is quite complex but I'm making progress.
I can't get the exact same error you got, but I do get a fatal error when the JReviews SEF plugin is enabled and Chameleon is turned on. This is due to the re-parsing of the input URL that Chameleon performs.

Can you confirm whether you still get the error if the jreviews SEF plugin is unpublished? If you do then I'll have to keep looking for the error as I haven't reproduced the exact one yet.

Thanks,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3314 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: