Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

MetaMod Pro not working as adverised

MetaMod Pro not working as adverised

I decided to purchase MetaMod pro because the free version was working as far as only showing the modules on the correct page.  However the layout is incorrect.  I'm using a yooTheme template that is displaying to modules (both 50% width) side by side.  For some reason MetaMod was stacking the modules instead of putting them side by side.  The advertisement on this website said that if there were template issues that buying the pro version would fix them because nothing is outputted.

I have installed the system plugin for MetaMod Pro and have enabled it.  However, the modules are still incorrectly stacked instead of side by side.

Could you (or someone) please take a look as soon as possible?
http://moneytime.mysamplesite.info

jim
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: MetaMod Pro not working as adverised

Hi Jim,

sorry to hear you're having problems with this.

A few things to check:

- are you using NoNumber's Advanced Module Manager? If so, there are incompatibilities between the 2 systems which are still not resolved. Let me know if that's the case and I'll try to fast-track the fix.
- is the MetaMod Pro plugin the FIRST on the list for system plugins?
- do you have other 3rd-party plugins installed? Try disabling all that you can, just for testing, and see if the situation resolves. If you find one that causes the problem, I'll take a look and see if it can be fixed (I've done several in the past).

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

p.s. can you tell me which modules are affected? It's hard to know just by looking at the site.

Stephen Brandon
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Thanks for your quick response.  It seems the problem was the way that yooTheme sets up the modules.  I had 2 modules showing within the same MetaMod module.  I guess the yooTheme template counts how many modules are getting shown in a particular position and then spaces them out accordingly.

I revised the MetaMod module to only show 1 module and instead published 2 MetaMods to the same position and yooTheme handled it correctly.

NEW PROBLEM:  When clicking on one of the articles the browser follows the link to the article page (as it is suppose to).  However, there is an extra white line that is appearing in this position of where the MetaMod was.  Can you please advise how to remove this extra white space?  Please try clicking on "4 reasons to use a mortgage broker when purchasing a home" and you will see what I mean.  The extra white space is above the content box.

It almost seems as though the margin/padding is getting inserted where the MetaMod Module was.  The spacing is much larger in IE than FF.

Please advise.

jim
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

Oh...  To answer your question, yes I have NoNumber Advanced Module Manger installed.

I installed it after the first problem with the FREE version to see if that fixed it.  I thought it was a similar type of module.

It is still installed...  Could this be causing the white space at the top of the article.

jim
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

ok, if you just disable the Advanced Module Manager plugin temporarily, you'll see if MetaMod Pro starts to work properly.

Basically, if MetaMod Pro is working properly, then the HTML output you get *with* your modules being placed through MetaMod should be exactly the same as when the modules were placed onto the page *without* MetaMod being involved at all. If you are seeing any difference in output, then MetaMod Pro is not operating. (may be installed, but conflicting with another plugin).

Advanced Module Manager is not the only plugin which conflicts. I've met a couple of others, including BreezingForms, just in case you're using that. There's an edit you can make to their plugin to fix the situation if that's the culprit.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

And yes, the white space would show up there when MetaMod Pro is not operating, because your template is seeing that there's a published module in that module position (the MetaMod itself), and is reserving space for it, even though the MetaMod contains nothing.

MetaMod Pro prevents the template from seeing the empty MetaMod (if it's empty), so that space should not appear. We've just got to find which plugin is conflicting with it.

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

I uninstalled that Advanced Module Manager and it fixed the whitespace issue.

However...  I will definitely be using breezing forms so could you please direct me to the fix for when I activate that?

jim
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
6 Posts

BreezingForms fix:

In administrator/components/com_facileforms/classloader.php, there is a section:

case 'JModuleHelper':
            require_once(JPATH_SITE . '/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php');
            break;

This hard codes the "system" copy of this helper file. When MetaMod Pro is installed, it provides an alternative version of this file. When the standard Joomla Class Loader system is used, Joomla (and 3rd party components) pick up the MetaMod Pro version of the file. Unfortunately the BreezingForms class loader loads in the standard Joomla one, which prevents MetaMod Pro from working.

The right way to pre-load classes is using jimport:

http://docs.joomla.org/Jimport

e.g. jimport("joomla.application.module.helper');

This allows overrides such as are done by MetaMod Pro (and others) and is very highly recommended.

I would recommend changing this line in administrator/components/com_facileforms/classloader.php:

require_once(JPATH_SITE . '/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php');

to this:

jimport("joomla.application.module.helper");

That ensures that BreezingForms and MetaMod Pro play together nicely.

Edited By: metamodguy
10-Feb-10 22:22:54

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Hi Folks,

good news - Peter and I have collaborated on new versions of MetaMod Pro (v2.2) and Advanced Module Manager (v1.8.0). Existing MetaMod Pro customers can pick up their free upgrade following instructions on http://www.metamodpro.com/forums/topic?id=271

Best regards,
Stephen

Stephen Brandon

metamodguy
useravatar
3313 Posts
User info in posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Total Posts Today:
User Info: