Welcome to the MetaMod and Chameleon Support Forums.

Before posting, please check out the FAQs.

helpme

Need extra help with your Joomla site? Consider paid Joomla support by the developer of Chameleon and MetaMod.

How to Enable/Disable other modules?

How to Enable/Disable other modules?

I am creating a software web site and need to include screen shots.

I have created a module that shows in the left-hand column with the text "Screen shots" after the user clicks on the menu item Product, then subitem Product1.

When they click on the menu subitem, a "Custom HTML" module called "Overview" shows in the middle of the page describing the product.

I want the user to be able to click on the link "Screen shots", and replace the "Overview" module with the module showing the screen shots.

How can I do this? Thank you!

JeffRozar
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts
Administrator has disabled public posting

Re: How to Enable/Disable other modules?

Are you trying to replace the contents of one module with another module while on the same page (e.g. some sort of Javascript replacement effect)?

Or is that click on the screenshots module going to take you to a brand new page?

MetaMod will help with the second situation, but probably not with the first one. You just need some good Javascript coding for that.

Stephen Brandon
MetaMod / Chameleon developer
If you use MetaMod or Chameleon, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory: Chameleon | MetaMod

metamodguy
useravatar
3329 Posts
User info in posts

Re: How to Enable/Disable other modules?

I suppose I'm not well versed as I should be with joomla, so I can't answer that.

I'm just trying to show a slideshow module at the top of the page (not in an article) *after* the user clicks on a link (not a menu item).

So, my product page has a carousel module at the top (under the menu), then an overview article below that.
I want to, on the user's click, instead show a slideshow module.

JeffRozar
Beginner Modder
ranks
useravatar
2 Posts

Board Info

Board Stats:

Total Topics:
Total Polls:
Total Posts:
Posts this week: